Home Friendly 27th July

They have their own flag, own language "Fries", which even for someone who speaks fluent Dutch and who lived in Holland for many years, is totally alien to me.

For years they've wanted to break away and be their own nation state.

It's a very insular place, very much like Volendam.....people in the big cities of Holland always called them inbreeds:lol:

Yeah one of my mates is a Feyenoord fan and he doesn't have a lot of time for Heerenveen.

Yeah one of my mates is a Feyenoord fan and he doesn't have a lot of time for Heerenveen.

One of these very small teams who over a period of 10 yrs or so got promoted to the Eredivisie,and year-on-year finished higher up the league then the previous season, eventually ending in qualifying for Europe.

That in turn had them over the years slowly expanding their stadium to 25000ish and selling out to season cards only.

They are that inbred that they even have the Fries flag as their home strip - blue n white stripes, with the little red hearts......awful kit imo.

Been to the stadium once and loads of their fans were wearing the Fries uniform and wooden clogs.......strange breed indeed:lol:

One of these very small teams who over a period of 10 yrs or so got promoted to the Eredivisie,and year-on-year finished higher up the league then the previous season, eventually ending in qualifying for Europe.

That in turn had them over the years slowly expanding their stadium to 25000ish and selling out to season cards only.

They are that inbred that they even have the Fries flag as their home strip - blue n white stripes, with the little red hearts......awful kit imo.

Been to the stadium once and loads of their fans were wearing the Fries uniform and wooden clogs.......strange breed indeed:lol:

They ended up in the group stage in 2008, only team Portsmouth beat in it

Randomly I like the home top.... Its instantly recognisable that's for sure.

Shite opposition but saying that we are league 1 so can’t be too picky.
Hoping for the weather to be kind.
So it’s the air show then across to the SOL to watch the red and white wizards.
Add copious amounts of beer then it has potential.

Can’t help but think this opposition is the cheap option. A great opportunity to treat the home fans gone begging.
I will not be bothering.
Wtf is going on at our club ?

Can’t help but think this opposition is the cheap option. A great opportunity to treat the home fans gone begging.
I will not be bothering.
Wtf is going on at our club ?
....and get thumped again at home pre season. No thanks marra. You seen the damage that happened last time against Celtic. Killed us.

Sorted for me and the bairn. Ticket sales look dreadful up to now mind.
I've bought 2, but not sure if I'll get there. Loads of people will be away on holiday as it's bang in the middle of Nissan shut down.

On a side note the lass in the ticket office was telling me Fatha that the new system has a glitch and it doesn't add loyalty points. They're hoping to get sorted by next week.

Last edited:

Back