Home Food Deliveries

Tried for about a week to get online slots for delivery or click and collect at Tesco and Sainsbury's but was unsuccessful. I then started to look at things like hellofresh, local veg deliveries etc and most weren't taking new customers.

I've ended up signing up to Musclefoods "Do the Unthinkable" plan and got it delivering weekly. It's overpriced, but I've got fresh food everyday and healthy snacks, should hopefully lose a bit of timber in the process!

I've got an Ocado Reserved slot once a week, but now they are saying they might cancel them and it'll be a free for all on the website. I don't know what I'll do if that happens as all the other supermarkets seem to be overwhelmed as well.
Tesco boss asking for the delivery slots to be left for the vulnerable and elderly but govt advice is to use the delivery services and only go out if necessary.

It’s a right old mess atm but you have to hope it settles down in time.

Tesco boss asking for the delivery slots to be left for the vulnerable and elderly but govt advice is to use the delivery services and only go out if necessary.

It’s a right old mess atm but you have to hope it settles down in time.

It is a mess! None of the supermarkets are geared up for this and none of them has put anything in place for the extremely vulnerable group who cannot go to the shops.

It is a mess! None of the supermarkets are geared up for this and none of them has put anything in place for the extremely vulnerable group who cannot go to the shops.

Morrisons are absolutely stupid with this one.

Tried for about a week to get online slots for delivery or click and collect at Tesco and Sainsbury's but was unsuccessful. I then started to look at things like hellofresh, local veg deliveries etc and most weren't taking new customers.

I've ended up signing up to Musclefoods "Do the Unthinkable" plan and got it delivering weekly. It's overpriced, but I've got fresh food everyday and healthy snacks, should hopefully lose a bit of timber in the process!

I had a look at musclefoods earlier and the earliest slot was 20th April. I'm planning on a late night tonight to see if anything becomes available later on. I'm not hopeful.

they're ridiculous. Looking at the image at the top of the article there's about 4 things on there that would go to waste. If Morrisons have the capability of driving around dropping these boxes off then why haven't they got the capability of offering these slots for people to buy their own stuff?

I had a look at musclefoods earlier and the earliest slot was 20th April. I'm planning on a late night tonight to see if anything becomes available later on. I'm not hopeful.
I went in the Ocado queue most of yesterday, finally got in around midnight to find they were only releasing slots for the next 3 days and there were none available.

Went onto Asda which had been crashing all through the day around 1am and managed to do 2 shops, 1 for next week and 1 the following.

Then the fun begins as to what actually turns up and what substitutes they make.
I didn't fancy that. I'd rather buy what I need than get random stuff in a box.
With the substitutions it’s a lottery what you’ll get anyway.

Last edited:
With the substitutions it’s a lottery what you’ll get anyway.

Ocado hasn't been too bad but I think that's because they haven't got any shops. I only had two subs last weekend. I got pea and ham soup instead of beef broth and a four pack of vegetable soup instead of one tin of vegetable. I've stockpiled by proxy on soup :lol:

They're going to be slapping these boxes into delivery vans, adding how many drop offs, there isn't a shortage of food, it's just that the masses are wiping supermarket stocks out.
Maybes they will think about it and realise and not do it, all people have to do is a normal shop, that is what they should be encouraging.
There isn't suddenly 1000's more delivery vans or drivers for the demand they'll create.

Not sure on their delivery radius but the below email as been emailed around our work from our catering suppliers Jaspers:

Please share this with your friends & colleagues.

We are offering a weekly shopping delivery service to your home. Safe and contactless. No need to go out to the supermarket, no need to worry about deliveries not turning up, we will deliver every week.

To book in your weekly or fortnightly delivery of shopping, please email: [email protected]

We have a range of boxes available and a minimum order of £50.

Our Combo box of fresh food is £40 with free delivery to your home every week. It comprises:

• Apples x 9
  • Bananas 1 x 1.5kg,
  • Black seedless grapes 1 x 500g
  • Easy orange peelers x 10,
  • Onions 1 x 1kg,
  • Broccoli 1 x 500g,
  • Carrots 1 x 2.5kg,
  • Potatoes 1 x 1kg
  • Cauliflower
  • Cucumber x 1
  • Iceberg lettuce x 1
  • Mixed pepper x 3
  • Spring onion bunch,
  • Tomatoes x 1 .5kg
  • 1 x 250g of salted dairy butter
  • 1 medium sliced loaf
  • 2.27 litre of semi skimmed milk
  • 300g of cheddar cheese
  • 18 x eggs
We also offer a £55 ‘Weekly Shop’ box containing main meal ingredients for breakfast, dinner and snacks. In addition we have separate boxes eg Veg box, Salad box, Dairy and Loaf box, and more.

Due to current conditions we may need to replace some items if they become short or unavailable.

Slots are limited, so please email [email protected] so that we can contact you to book in your weekly slot.

Stay safe.

Kind regards,

The Jasper’s Team

www.jaspersonline.co.uk

[email protected]

Not sure on their delivery radius but the below email as been emailed around our work from our catering suppliers Jaspers:

We are offering a weekly shopping delivery service to your home. Safe and contactless. No need to go out to the supermarket, no need to worry about deliveries not turning up, we will deliver every week.

To book in your weekly or fortnightly delivery of shopping, please email: [email protected]

Our Combo box of fresh food is £40 with free delivery to your home every week. It comprises:

• Apples x 9
  • Bananas 1 x 1.5kg,
  • Onions 1 x 1kg,
  • Broccoli 1 x 500g,
  • Carrots 1 x 2.5kg,
  • Potatoes 1 x 1kg
  • Cauliflower
  • Cucumber x 1
  • Iceberg lettuce x 1
  • Mixed pepper x 3
  • Spring onion bunch,
  • Tomatoes x 1 .5kg
  • 1 medium sliced loaf
  • 300g of cheddar cheese
  • 18 x eggs
We also offer a £55 ‘Weekly Shop’ box containing main meal ingredients for breakfast, dinner and snacks. In addition we have separate boxes eg Veg box, Salad box, Dairy and Loaf box, and more.

Due to current conditions we may need to replace some items if they become short or unavailable.

Slots are limited, so please email [email protected] so that we can contact you to book in your weekly slot.

Stay safe.

Kind regards,

The Jasper’s Team

www.jaspersonline.co.uk

[email protected]

Going to need all the extra money to face the legal battle coming their way.

Bridgewater butchers in Washington do meat deliveries, they are busy mind!

Chester road fruit and veg shop do fruit and veg delivery boxes which includes a bottle of milk I think. They can be found on facebook. I dare say other independents are doing the same thing around the region and country.
I've been walking past there each day just after 6am and they are open then and have a shit load of eggs so probably not a bad place to visit for fresh gear. I'd assume getting there early would be best to ensure self distancing.

• Apples x 9
  • Bananas 1 x 1.5kg,
  • Onions 1 x 1kg,
  • Broccoli 1 x 500g,
  • Carrots 1 x 2.5kg,
  • Potatoes 1 x 1kg
  • Cauliflower
  • Cucumber x 1
  • Iceberg lettuce x 1
  • Mixed pepper x 3
  • Spring onion bunch,
  • Tomatoes x 1 .5kg
  • 1 medium sliced loaf
  • 300g of cheddar cheese
  • 18 x eggs

Stay safe.

Kind regards,

The Jasper’s Team

www.jaspersonline.co.uk

[email protected]
minimum order of 50 quid and that basic box is only 40.

I think they're leading the way.
As would we all. But in times of shite, it's better to get something rather than nothing.

• Apples x 9
  • Bananas 1 x 1.5kg,
  • Onions 1 x 1kg,
  • Broccoli 1 x 500g,
  • Carrots 1 x 2.5kg,
  • Potatoes 1 x 1kg
  • Cauliflower
  • Cucumber x 1
  • Iceberg lettuce x 1
  • Mixed pepper x 3
  • Spring onion bunch,
  • Tomatoes x 1 .5kg
  • 1 medium sliced loaf
  • 300g of cheddar cheese
  • 18 x eggs

Stay safe.

Kind regards,

The Jasper’s Team

www.jaspersonline.co.uk

[email protected]

£25 value in there really.

Last edited:

Back