Home Food Deliveries

Like most people we have several vulnerable family members that can't or shouldn't go out to supermarkets. My wife generally does her mother's shopping as self isolating is not exactly a problem for her as she never goes out.

How do we go about getting her an on line shop when places are not taking new customers or websites are crashing?

Like most people we have several vulnerable family members that can't or shouldn't go out to supermarkets. My wife generally does her mother's shopping as self isolating is not exactly a problem for her as she never goes out.

How do we go about getting her an on line shop when places are not taking new customers or websites are crashing?
Register an online account mate .

There will probably be some commercial suppliers in your area doing home deliveries as restaurants and pubs are now closed..ive had a few emails from some of my suppliers suggesting this..making up grocery boxes fruit and veg boxes etc...were over in the lakes so not sure about north east suppliers

Try wellocks at home..theres a you tube video..you can order and pick up at a local restaurant

Last edited:
Sympathise with the OP’s situation as they have a valid point, hearing the PM tell people to have home deliveries rather than go shopping is impossible, THERE ARE NO SLOTS AVAILABLE :evil:

I some how managed to get one for Friday from ASDA. Was ideally wanting it for next week some time but there was nowt just two random slots for this Friday. I'm not hopeful it's going to turn up or if it does it be very different to the order I put in.

Have a good search online. My Mrs has found a few local shops who are delivering, including a butchers. She also found a wholesaler who supply to the trade who are offering temporary deliveries to the public (bulk buying applies). Also, have a look on Amazon - She got a few things like soap, kitchen towel and stuff like that from Amazon.

I some how managed to get one for Friday from ASDA. Was ideally wanting it for next week some time but there was nowt just two random slots for this Friday. I'm not hopeful it's going to turn up or if it does it be very different to the order I put in.
yea we've been luck enough to get a pick up slot at asda,not till the 9th April mind,as for home deliveries,they're nearly into May

I've been offered couple of jobs as delivery driver and its making me feel work shy for not taking them even though I know I'm not. my lass is about to drop at any second and Im not prepared to take the risk of catching the virus like.

Don't take them. Your lass and the little one need you. Hope all goes well for her xx

I've been offered couple of jobs as delivery driver and its making me feel work shy for not taking them even though I know I'm not. my lass is about to drop at any second and Im not prepared to take the risk of catching the virus like.

You're right not to take them marra. A newborn is hard enough graft as it is without all this going on. Your Mrs and bairn need to be your top priority.

Back