Holyhead

Stayed in Dollgelau a canny few years back. Nice little town.
Walked to Barmouth (sure it was about 20 mile round trip).
Lots of nice places around the area, climbed Cadre Idris from the door.

Edit: Beaumaris was nice enough.

Last edited:
I’m actually staying in benlech in Anglesey had a drive out to there never even got out the car was shocked how bad it was prob the worst town I’ve visited in the uk bet it’s like the Wild West on a night
I was working on the new power station long term so have experience of most of the northern towns and villages of Anglesey.

It was dieing on its arse before the new power station was cancelled so it must be in right '2 and 8' now.

There were only two curry house within easy drive of Wylfa, one in Amlwch the other in Holyhead.

The one in Amlwch was handy especially as I occasionally stayed in the town.

Holyhead was deffo an eat and then leave town.

Nobody ever even wanted a pint there so I rode down one summer evening on the road bike just out of curiosity.

I didn't get off the bike as I couldn't find anywhere secure enough to lock it.

Rough as f+ck

Saw Safc play a friendly there. In 1990. Hitchhiked from Wearside and slept in the grounds of the team hotel after Dennis Smith refused me and my mates drunken request to bunk down in his room.

pulled a lass from hollyhead when I was on the piss in Bangor. Worst night ever.
Didn’t realize the taxi ride was so far, she got out and ran so I just ran too. Her flat was a mess, I had to wipe my feet on the way out. She had like 6 pets running riot around the house. She was on her period, I knew this because she took it out in front of me on the bed.
There were no trains the next day and I had to pay a taxi driver in tabs and what little money I had left on me.

finally got back to Bangor then realized I need to walk the rest of the way back to Capel Curig (about 15 mile)

So after my first and only experience of it, I’m a big fan of the place

Last edited:
It’s like one of them coastal towns Ross kemp visits where everyone’s on spice even the pubs looked like there were going to collapse everything was bricked or boarded up

pulled a lass from hollyhead when I was on the piss in Bangor. Worst night ever.
Didn’t realize the taxi ride was so far, she got out and ran so I just ran too. Her flat was a mess, I had to wipe my feet on the way out. She had like 6 pets running riot around the house. She was on her period, I knew this because she took it out in front of me on the bed.
There were no trains the next day and I had to pay a taxi driver in tabs and what little money I had left on me.

finally got back to Bangor then realized I need to walk the rest of the way back to Capel Curig (about 15 mile)

So after my first and only experience of it, I’m a big fan of the place

Bangor? I hardly know her!

Just been watching Country file and there's a bit on the Lynn peninsula just down from Anglesey. Looks nice round there. Not an area we've done before ( been to Anglesey though)
What's it like down the peninsula?

Back