Holidaying abroad this year

Ours got checked at Palma airport a week ago mind. We're three jabbed, but I wouldn't be chancing it based on a couple of replies on here.
Too late, go wednesday and would have had to have booster 2 weeks ago. It would be really unlucky if they calculated his 270 days run out day before we come back!

Palma is a much underrated city and never overcrowded as most people head straight to the beach resorts. Not enough there for a week but a long weekend is ideal.
The Cathedral is nice. We'll be up there on the Monday before coming home. We stay in a really small place called Tollerc and avoid the bigger resorts. My Magaluf days are behind me now.

Have you got time to go on the wooden railway up to Soller? That's a beautiful journey and the Soller is a lovely town. You can also get the tram down to Port de Sóller which is nice for a wander too.
That sound nice. We're planning on a lazy one at the minute. The kids are going away with the in-laws so we decided to book a weekend away. I might consider it though because I get like a caged tiger.

That sound nice. We're planning on a lazy one at the minute. The kids are going away with the in-laws so we decided to book a weekend away. I might consider it though because I get like a caged tiger.
When we didn’t have kids I used to love wandering off by myself for a few pints. Owa lass was happy to sit & read her book. Managed that a couple of times but it’s with a buggy now & only one before walking back. He’ll not be in the buggy next year, which will mean I’ll not even get that excuse.

The thought of just me & owa lass getting away with the kids sounds amazing.

My lass and I have earmarked 13th May to 20th May for Rome. She has been able to get the week off. I have put in a ticket on WalmartOne for that week.

Can anyone see the COVID rules changing in 2023?

My lass and I have earmarked 13th May to 20th May for Rome. She has been able to get the week off. I have put in a ticket on WalmartOne for that week.

No. I can absolutely and categorically state that nothing at all will change with the conditions around an evolving virus spread across the entire planet between now and next May.

I’d hope not, as the world is desperate to keep on turning, but you can never say never. I’m still happy to book for next summer like.

Rome is mint by the way. St Peter’s Basilica is by far & away the most impressive building I’ve been in.

Might be a daft question, but my mate wants to go abroad on some sort of fitness holiday and somehow, has managed to convince the wife that I should go. ( I honestly had nothing to do with it)

Anyway, does anyone know of any such type holidays? We initially were going to go to Turkey but the prices are crap for flights in April. We then though Mallorca because Palma is a good airport for both of us (NCL and London)

Probs heavy training during the day, Gym, cycling, kayaking , swimming, maybe even sailing and running (for him not me) then a couple of drinks on the night. Dont care if its quiet.

Open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Might be a daft question, but my mate wants to go abroad on some sort of fitness holiday and somehow, has managed to convince the wife that I should go. ( I honestly had nothing to do with it)

Anyway, does anyone know of any such type holidays? We initially were going to go to Turkey but the prices are crap for flights in April. We then though Mallorca because Palma is a good airport for both of us (NCL and London)

Probs heavy training during the day, Gym, cycling, kayaking , swimming, maybe even sailing and running (for him not me) then a couple of drinks on the night. Dont care if its quiet.

Open to suggestions.
Mallorca is a big cycling island, especially north-east part. All ower the shop. Got the sea for kayaking/saiing /swimming and can go running on beach. Went this April and temperatures were fine ( not too hot )

Mallorca is a big cycling island, especially north-east part. All ower the shop. Got the sea for kayaking/saiing /swimming and can go running on beach. Went this April and temperatures were fine ( not too hot )

Sounds ideal. I have only really been to soller (which i loved but the wife didnt like it). Will do some research, thanks, appreciated.

Back