Holidaying abroad this year

No issues flying in to Verona from Ponteland. Only extra check on arrival seemed to be picture taken and passport stamped. Mask wearing mandatory on public transport but only enforced getting on and off a ferry so far.

Are there any severe restrictions related to travelling abroad now… apart from flight cancellations, airport staff shortages, hugely delayed flights, baggage going missing, security staff strikes, border control bollocks, tailbacks, huge queues, prices going up, cabin crew strikes etc?

Are there any severe restrictions related to travelling abroad now… apart from flight cancellations, airport staff shortages, hugely delayed flights, baggage going missing, security staff strikes, border control bollocks, tailbacks, huge queues, prices going up, cabin crew strikes etc?
icelandic volcanoes

Off to Kos on Sunday, feels v weird having to do nothing - been away loads during covid and had to do alsorts to get away between me and kids so nice for some normality!

Just had a week in Yorkshire (split between inland and the coast)

Honestly, was as good as any overseas holiday I've had in years.

Mint weather makes all the difference of course.

Mind, wasn't cheap. One place was £800 for 4 nights for a cabin/Lodge type thing.

Just had a week in Yorkshire (split between inland and the coast)

Honestly, was as good as any overseas holiday I've had in years.

Mint weather makes all the difference of course.

Mind, wasn't cheap. One place was £800 for 4 nights for a cabin/Lodge type thing.
As much as yorkshire is lovely, that's a mad price to pay considering i'm off to Tobago for a week soon, AI for around 900..

We looked at staying in the UK but the last self catering I did in the lakes cost an absolute fortune

And yes I know look at me etc etc

As much as yorkshire is lovely, that's a mad price to pay considering i'm off to Tobago for a week soon, AI for around 900..

We looked at staying in the UK but the last self catering I did in the lakes cost an absolute fortune

Going to Scarborough then 👍😊

Suppose it was a lodge for 5 people, with a hot tub. £200 per night is a lot though, but seems to be the going rate in the UK.
Enjoy Tobago mate

In comparison, we're off to Nidri on Lefkada in three and a half weeks time and its cost just over £1.4K for the fortnight.
Used to have a place in Nidri...spent whole summers there. Drive down to Brindisi, night ferry then a 90 mile coast drive and a full English on the harbour :D

Grace was the queen of Biblos.

Back from Hurghada yesterday, absolutely no problems getting there or back, we apart from the OTT security checks getting out of Egypt. Off to Majorca for a long weekend with the Mrs for bank holiday I'm expecting it to be a little different.

Going to Salou next week. My 17 year old has had 2 jabs and will be 261 days since last one. I think the limit is 270, they not gonna question it are they? Are they 😀

Back