Holidaying abroad this year

Cheers and for the response to help (and to the others). I’ve heard that from others too with regards to a pretty relaxed approach when you’re actually there but doesn’t take away the stress when you’re trying to get everything right haha!

Just done the uk Passenger Locator Forms. I did all that I could at home, then clicked the link they emailed me to complete them 48 hours before I land back in the uk*

Guess what? The links didn’t work. For me or the missus. So I had to start all over.

Be warned: there are one or two ‘circular’ questions and instances where, for example, they ask you when you are leaving the uk, after you arrive there (presumably for non residents) and it won’t accept you leaving it blank. I think I just told the for that I was yo-yoing to and from the UK on the same day - just to get past that bit.

When they ask to scan the vaccine certificate, it wouldn’t work for me so I used the alternative of uploading the pdf. BUT be warned. That doesn’t work. You need to screenshot the form and amend the pic so it just shows ONE (the second) QR Code. System doesn’t allow 2 QR codes.

How predictable that the form the uk gov provides to demonstrate vaccination status isnt acceptable on the form the uk gov provides to travel

Finally, for belt and braces I also asked for a pdf of the form to be emailed to me. It has been. But my iPhone or iPad won’t allow me to view or download the attachment. Never had that problem with attachments before.

* The information I provided at 01:30 this morning is *exactly* the same as the info I could have provided before I left. Why I couldn’t have dine the firm at home I really don’t know. Surely they could have a system that just allows you to confirm that nothings changed and you haven’t moved house while you’re abroad or something

Just done the uk Passenger Locator Forms. I did all that I could at home, then clicked the link they emailed me to complete them 48 hours before I land back in the uk*

Guess what? The links didn’t work. For me or the missus. So I had to start all over.

Be warned: there are one or two ‘circular’ questions and instances where, for example, they ask you when you are leaving the uk, after you arrive there (presumably for non residents) and it won’t accept you leaving it blank. I think I just told the for that I was yo-yoing to and from the UK on the same day - just to get past that bit.

When they ask to scan the vaccine certificate, it wouldn’t work for me so I used the alternative of uploading the pdf. BUT be warned. That doesn’t work. You need to screenshot the form and amend the pic so it just shows ONE (the second) QR Code. System doesn’t allow 2 QR codes.

How predictable that the form the uk gov provides to demonstrate vaccination status isnt acceptable on the form the uk gov provides to travel

Finally, for belt and braces I also asked for a pdf of the form to be emailed to me. It has been. But my iPhone or iPad won’t allow me to view or download the attachment. Never had that problem with attachments before.

* The information I provided at 01:30 this morning is *exactly* the same as the info I could have provided before I left. Why I couldn’t have dine the firm at home I really don’t know. Surely they could have a system that just allows you to confirm that nothings changed and you haven’t moved house while you’re abroad or something
I’m here. I’ll worry about the return forms when I allow going home to enter my mind, in the meantime I’m going to enjoy myself.

Hilariously, the QR for getting here was never checked. Asked if I had them “yeh 4 in my Apple wallet”. Marked another 4 lines on her tally chart and said “thank you”.

I’m here. I’ll worry about the return forms when I allow going home to enter my mind, in the meantime I’m going to enjoy myself.

Hilariously, the QR for getting here was never checked. Asked if I had them “yeh 4 in my Apple wallet”. Marked another 4 lines on her tally chart and said “thank you”.

I didn't even get asked that. Just directed straight through the e-gates at passport control.

I suspect that the checking is being left to the airline. If you don't have a UK PLF then they won't let you on the plane.

I didn't even get asked that. Just directed straight through the e-gates at passport control.

I suspect that the checking is being left to the airline. If you don't have a UK PLF then they won't let you on the plane.
They didn’t check them to board either. All very strange considering the necessity to get everything in order before you arrive at the airport.

I’ve no doubt in my mind the queues for passport control will be right back onto the runway at Newcastle though.

i'm off to portugal for a few days early next month. anyone know if you've just got hand luggage do you still need to go to the check in desks so they can check your paperwork is in order or is it straight through?

i'm off to portugal for a few days early next month. anyone know if you've just got hand luggage do you still need to go to the check in desks so they can check your paperwork is in order or is it straight through?

Dependant on the airline I think and possibly the airport too. Some airlines will check your documentation as part of the online check-in process others will do it at the gate.

At my very tiny airport of departure they checked that you had a Passenger Locator Form, in your own name and that you had a vaccine pass or an appropriate negative test. But they “hope to have the scanners for QR codes by next year sometime” so presumably they haven’t got a f***ing clue if the information on the form is made up shite or not.

A couple of daft young lads (inevitably) from totally separate parties were denied boarding because they hadn’t bothered doing a test. Obviously they lied on their forms to get out there but somehow got found out. So two arseholes with chinstraps for face masks, unvaccinated and untested were perfectly happy to mix with loads of other people in airports, bars, hotels, planes etc., in another country and kicked up a fuss when found out. They need to pay through the nose for a test now, wait for the result, pay for accommodation and pay for a new flight.

Their mates thought it was hilarious and got on the flight without them. Two separate small groups.

Dependant on the airline I think and possibly the airport too. Some airlines will check your documentation as part of the online check-in process others will do it at the gate.
it's ryanair from newcastle. already checked in online but can't do the locator form for portugal till closer the time. i suppose there'll be someone at the airport to ask.
never flown with ryanair before but needs must. fully expecting it to either get cancelled or take off hours after it should do.

it's ryanair from newcastle. already checked in online but can't do the locator form for portugal till closer the time. i suppose there'll be someone at the airport to ask.
never flown with ryanair before but needs must. fully expecting it to either get cancelled or take off hours after it should do.
At Newcastle, there's generally people at the Ryanair checkin area helping people with the self-service weighing machines etc. They'll most likely tell you what you need to know.

At my very tiny airport of departure they checked that you had a Passenger Locator Form, in your own name and that you had a vaccine pass or an appropriate negative test. But they “hope to have the scanners for QR codes by next year sometime” so presumably they haven’t got a f***ing clue if the information on the form is made up shite or not.

A couple of daft young lads (inevitably) from totally separate parties were denied boarding because they hadn’t bothered doing a test. Obviously they lied on their forms to get out there but somehow got found out. So two arseholes with chinstraps for face masks, unvaccinated and untested were perfectly happy to mix with loads of other people in airports, bars, hotels, planes etc., in another country and kicked up a fuss when found out. They need to pay through the nose for a test now, wait for the result, pay for accommodation and pay for a new flight.

Their mates thought it was hilarious and got on the flight without them. Two separate small groups.

I heard a couple of thickos arguing to a Spanish check-in operator they didn't need to fill in a form to enter their own country and that the UK Passenger Locator Form was for "foreigners only" and how dare they stop them trying to get into their own country.

Some people even go onto YouTube to rant about having to fill a form in

I really don't understand how anyone could claim not to know about needing the PLF.

Got to say, I had none of those problems. I was very quick and easy. I agree about it being a pain that you've got to wait until 48hrs before you come back. I can't think of a reason for it.
I heard a couple of thickos arguing to a Spanish check-in operator they didn't need to fill in a form to enter their own country and that the UK Passenger Locator Form was for "foreigners only" and how dare they stop them trying to get into their own country.

Some people even go onto YouTube to rant about having to fill a form in

I really don't understand how anyone could claim not to know about needing the PLF.
What an idiot!!
They didn’t check them to board either. All very strange considering the necessity to get everything in order before you arrive at the airport.

I’ve no doubt in my mind the queues for passport control will be right back onto the runway at Newcastle though.
I had no issues at Liverpool last week. Flew through (pun intended) passport control. EasyJet checked the PLFs before we got on the flight in Greece.

Last edited:
Reality is, testing is key. aslong as we are clear when we get there then makes no difference to them
Reading through this thread makes you realise many see testing as an inconvenience at best. The number of people who are advocating skipping or fudging the tests casts doubt over the whole process, rightly or wrongly.

Ultimately our figures are seen from the outside as suspect with not just cases, but hospitalisations and deaths not really dropping and now rising again as we approach the time of year when it’s typically only going to get worse, and a government whose stance seems to fly in the face of logic, and seemingly intransigent on anything other than a reliance on vaccinations as the great panacea.

Unless we show some semblance of concern and reintroduce as a minimum some level of social distancing and other measures such as mask wearing, the likelihood is we will begin to be seen to the outside world as Plague Island MK II.

Reading through this thread makes you realise many see testing as an inconvenience at best. The number of people who are advocating skipping or fudging the tests casts doubt over the whole process, rightly or wrongly.

Ultimately our figures are seen from the outside as suspect with not just cases, but hospitalisations and deaths not really dropping and now rising again as we approach the time of year when it’s typically only going to get worse, and a government whose stance seems to fly in the face of logic, and seemingly intransigent on anything other than a reliance on vaccinations as the great panacea.

Unless we show some semblance of concern and reintroduce as a minimum some level of social distancing and other measures such as mask wearing, the likelihood is we will begin to be seen to the outside world as Plague Island MK II.
Thankfully the last 3 days have seen cases drop quite significantly and hopefully it continues.

not sure I agree social distancing is the answer, especially if people are vaccinated - I know it can still spread, however I’m not bothered about catching it as I’m vaccinted etc , that’s for another thread though !

I think if anywhere has an issue with out numbers then just test us , simple really .

im Away next week and we test 48 hours before we go

Thankfully the last 3 days have seen cases drop quite significantly and hopefully it continues.

not sure I agree social distancing is the answer, especially if people are vaccinated - I know it can still spread, however I’m not bothered about catching it as I’m vaccinted etc , that’s for another thread though !

I think if anywhere has an issue with out numbers then just test us , simple really .

im Away next week and we test 48 hours before we go
Last 7 days shows cases up 2.2%, deaths up 7.4% and hospitalisations up 20.1% but you crack on there, buttercup.

You seem angry for some reason?

crack on doing what?
I’m more frustrated than angry that the perception amongst a percentage of our population seems to think this whole thing is done & dusted, and if they’re vaccinated they’re immortal when the figures strongly suggest otherwise.

I’m angry that we are sleepwalking into yet another winter of lockdowns which are completely avoidable by a sensible approach from a government and subset of populace that puts the greater good of society as a whole behind personal self interest.

I’m more frustrated than angry that the perception amongst a percentage of our population seems to think this whole thing is done & dusted, and if they’re vaccinated they’re immortal when the figures strongly suggest otherwise.

I’m angry that we are sleepwalking into yet another winter of lockdowns which are completely avoidable by a sensible approach from a government and subset of populace that puts the greater good of society as a whole behind personal self interest.
I’ll leave you to your anger and frustration then, not the thread for it - plenty others.

will have a pint for you on the beach, buttercup .

I’ll leave you to your anger and frustration then, not the thread for it - plenty others.

will have a pint for you on the beach, buttercup .
Of course it’s the thread for it given the context was one of the travel destinations for beach holidays has already banned flights from the U.K. enjoy it while you can.

Of course it’s the thread for it given the context was one of the travel destinations for beach holidays has already banned flights from the U.K. enjoy it while you can.
And Germany and the Netherlands, don't forget. What are case numbers etc. like in those countries?

Could be argued that they (Morocco) have plenty of internal Covid-19 issues of their own and are no longer accepting flights from destinations that provide the largest number of visitors to their shores in an attempt to stop matters getting worse by that method, rather than based on specific case numbers in those particular countries.

The issue with the tests is not the inconvenience, it's the costs i reckon.

If everybody was double jabbed, cases and hospitalisations would be much lower. That's the solution.

Back