Holidaying abroad this year

My missus (no) used to work for them.

They were hammered last year for delaying refunds to customers until they themselves had been refunded by the airlines and/or accommodation suppliers.

There's since been some kind of legislation put in place that means they have to refund the customers as soon as possible and not wait for the supplier refunds, so you should be ok if your holiday gets cancelled.

Is it not both jabs, or a negative test prior to departure?

Not that arsed if it gets cancelled. More arsed about if it happens, but I can't go as we haven't had both vaccinations and how that will pan out...

We're in a similar postition. Rolled our holiday over until mid August but unlikely we will be able to get both jabs sorted by then (we're both age 39). Not sure where that leaves us in terms of a refund / moving the date if we need two jabs to travel (which i assume you will?)

Have you tried booking your jabs?

We're in a similar postition. Rolled our holiday over until mid August but unlikely we will be able to get both jabs sorted by then (we're both age 39). Not sure where that leaves us in terms of a refund / moving the date if we need two jabs to travel (which i assume you will?)
39 year olds should be getting th call shortly.

I'm older than you, but my second jab has been brought forward almost 2 weeks, so the 13 has become 11 weeks in between.

Just inland from Nerja where me and a few mates frequent from time to time. Both are cracking spots
I often look at pics of her family holiday in June 2019 on Google Earth and zoom in to Google Earth as well as see walks on YouTube. But recently I saw a property programme where the couple wanted to live in the area and viewed a house in not just Frigliana but Torrox nearby where my lass and her family regularly go to. Till 2020.

It has always struck me as the kind of area I could be happy visiting. Quiet. Idyllic. Picturesque. But plenty of nice little places to eat, shop and explore.

But whilst Newcastle announced flights to Barcelona they are yet to announce flights to Malaga. I think it may not be till next year that they will be perhaps going to Malaga. I don't see too many flights too soon in this first season after the vaccination programme. I think they will do a few and in the winter and summer of 2022 perhaps expand further.

When me, my lass, her cousin and boyfriend were chilling (literally) at the Trimmers Arms one subject that came up is memories of their time in Spain. It is that which led to the suggestion we as a quartet go to Spain next year. To the villa my lasses family love going to in the South of a town called Frigliana.

I feel I have been hit personally hard by the pandemic's impact on the travel industry. I don't miss going to countries like Spain - I have never been to these places. But all my life pretty much I have lived solely on a dream, a desire, to go. These things founded on the fact there is the possibility. I do not have any of those. I do not have the dream and I do not have the possibility.

I am so looking forward to if I am lucky.
Fingers crossed it’s not too long before you can get away.

I often look at pics of her family holiday in June 2019 on Google Earth and zoom in to Google Earth as well as see walks on YouTube. But recently I saw a property programme where the couple wanted to live in the area and viewed a house in not just Frigliana but Torrox nearby where my lass and her family regularly go to. Till 2020.

It has always struck me as the kind of area I could be happy visiting. Quiet. Idyllic. Picturesque. But plenty of nice little places to eat, shop and explore.

But whilst Newcastle announced flights to Barcelona they are yet to announce flights to Malaga. I think it may not be till next year that they will be perhaps going to Malaga. I don't see too many flights too soon in this first season after the vaccination programme. I think they will do a few and in the winter and summer of 2022 perhaps expand further.
If we are allowed to travel to Spain don’t worry there will be plenty of flights to Malaga. Taxi to Frigliana is about 85 euros.
Get the bus to Nerja and walk or taxi to Burriana beach. Some great restaurants then bus back and the peace of Frigliana.

Last edited:
I think you will easily be done with both before August. I booked earlier in the week and will be done mid july

Keep checking the website as well as it opens to lower ages before its announced.
His problem, same with me, is you have to pay for the holiday before knowing if you’ll have had both jabs in time to travel

That is what they're talking about in the EU this week. Proof of vaccine or for those who haven't had that, then negative test before travel. Means the youth can travel as they won't be vaccinated by June which is when they're looking to restart things, following a trial in May. There's an article on the BBC about it today.
What's the latest on vaccinated folk and transmission?

Southern Spain is loverly, get yersell there whenever you can and feel comfortable doing so.

I'll be back there next year.

Back