Holidaying abroad this year

Eggman

Winger
I moved the family holiday, booked through TUI, from last summer to August this year.

Most, but not all of the party will have had both jabs before we intend to fly.

I can't find anything that says what TUI's policy is if you have to cancel because you haven't had both jabs, even though the flights and accomodation are available.

Anyone had a similar experience or know what the craic is ?

(Most of the cancellation material I've read says "for holidays booked after Nov 2020" or some other date afterwards which suggests that although they asked punters to rebook rather than cancel, there has been a change in policy)

We're in a similar postition. Rolled our holiday over until mid August but unlikely we will be able to get both jabs sorted by then (we're both age 39). Not sure where that leaves us in terms of a refund / moving the date if we need two jabs to travel (which i assume you will?)

When me, my lass, her cousin and boyfriend were chilling (literally) at the Trimmers Arms one subject that came up is memories of their time in Spain. It is that which led to the suggestion we as a quartet go to Spain next year. To the villa my lasses family love going to in the South of a town called Frigliana.

I feel I have been hit personally hard by the pandemic's impact on the travel industry. I don't miss going to countries like Spain - I have never been to these places. But all my life pretty much I have lived solely on a dream, a desire, to go. These things founded on the fact there is the possibility. I do not have any of those. I do not have the dream and I do not have the possibility.

I am so looking forward to if I am lucky.

When me, my lass, her cousin and boyfriend were chilling (literally) at the Trimmers Arms one subject that came up is memories of their time in Spain. It is that which led to the suggestion we as a quartet go to Spain next year. To the villa my lasses family love going to in the South of a town called Frigliana.

I feel I have been hit personally hard by the pandemic's impact on the travel industry. I don't miss going to countries like Spain - I have never been to these places. But all my life pretty much I have lived solely on a dream, a desire, to go. These things founded on the fact there is the possibility. I do not have any of those. I do not have the dream and I do not have the possibility.

How can you miss not going to a place you've never been.

We're in a similar postition. Rolled our holiday over until mid August but unlikely we will be able to get both jabs sorted by then (we're both age 39). Not sure where that leaves us in terms of a refund / moving the date if we need two jabs to travel (which i assume you will?)

I need to know what's what by early June when the balance is due.

While I don't want to lose any money, I certainly don't want to pay the remainder knowing that there is a good chance someone can't go.

I need to know what's what by early June when the balance is due.

While I don't want to lose any money, I certainly don't want to pay the remainder knowing that there is a good chance someone can't go.
same. only paid a deposit but won't be paying anymore. We should find out at the next announcement do you think?

is there anyway you can get a vaccine privatly?

How can you miss not going to a place you've never been.
I think he's still at Trimmers
same. only paid a deposit but won't be paying anymore. We should find out at the next announcement do you think?

is there anyway you can get a vaccine privatly?

Not legally, I don't think - though I'm sure it probably happens.

I really hope TUI don't penalise (rip off) those that rolled there booking over for another year, but they do get a bad reputation for this kind of thing. It's there current cancellation/refund policy stating bookings after Nov 2020 being covered, that has me worried. No mention of earlier bookings.

Last edited:

There's always Pontefract if you fancy a bit of culture.

I think he's still at Trimmers

Not legally, I don't think - though I'm sure it probably happens.

I really hope TUI don't penalise (rip off) those that rolled there booking over for another year, but they do get a bad reputation for this kind of thing. It's there current cancellation/refund policy stating bookings after Nov 2020 being covered, that has me worried. No mention of earlier bookings.

Mine is though www.loveholidays.com so god knows how good / bad they will be !

Can't see us going abroad for a fair while yet.
Mini-K is only 3 so I'm not sure what she'd get out of it, or whether we'd actually get a holiday!

I moved the family holiday, booked through TUI, from last summer to August this year.

Most, but not all of the party will have had both jabs before we intend to fly.

I can't find anything that says what TUI's policy is if you have to cancel because you haven't had both jabs, even though the flights and accomodation are available.

Anyone had a similar experience or know what the craic is ?

(Most of the cancellation material I've read says "for holidays booked after Nov 2020" or some other date afterwards which suggests that although they asked punters to rebook rather than cancel, there has been a change in policy)
We booked last minute with TUI in September last year to go to Kos.

They offered a 'Covid guarantee' that, if I remember correctly, meant you got your money back if one of you tested as positive prior to departure, or if your destination was taken off the 'green' list.

If it's not clear I would contact them to clarify - on-line chat is often the best way if it is available.

Mine is though www.loveholidays.com so god knows how good / bad they will be !
My missus (no) used to work for them.

They were hammered last year for delaying refunds to customers until they themselves had been refunded by the airlines and/or accommodation suppliers.

There's since been some kind of legislation put in place that means they have to refund the customers as soon as possible and not wait for the supplier refunds, so you should be ok if your holiday gets cancelled.
Will you need to have had both jabs or just one, seems a little unfair on the lower age groups though ?
Is it not both jabs, or a negative test prior to departure?

Back