Holidaying abroad this year

Booked flights to walk the Portuguese Camino in September. paid for the flights but all hotels are cancellable. My Bitch of a boss had approved three weeks Annual leave, had both jabs so hoping its all going to happen at last. Bit of a lifelong ambition to walk it and not getting any younger

Last edited:
I think people are missing the point here. It's not what tui or easyjet say, it's what the government of the host country say. Germany and France are both still in quasi lockdown and the vaccine roll out is going poorly. Just because you've had the jb doesn't mean Spain will let you in without quarantine.

I think people are missing the point here. It's not what tui or easyjet say, it's what the government of the host country say. Germany and France are both still in quasi lockdown and the vaccine roll out is going poorly. Just because you've had the jb doesn't mean Spain will let you in without quarantine.
Still unable to do anything other than essential shops here. Even some of them need a negative test on entry

If we are allowed to travel to Spain don’t worry there will be plenty of flights to Malaga. Taxi to Frigliana is about 85 euros.
Get the bus to Nerja and walk or taxi to Burriana beach. Some great restaurants then bus back and the peace of Frigliana.
Is 85 euros a lot? Seems like a lot.

If we are allowed to travel to Spain don’t worry there will be plenty of flights to Malaga. Taxi to Frigliana is about 85 euros.
Get the bus to Nerja and walk or taxi to Burriana beach. Some great restaurants then bus back and the peace of Frigliana.
Can you not get a bus to Frigliana? Save on taxi fare. Might give some of these white washed villages a try.

Spain and Greece may allow us in but they will also be allowing people from all over the shop so if the Government want to minimise transmission they should be very cautious like they are being now.
Still dubious about putting a couple of hundred people in a metal tube for a couple of hours.
If they aren’t going to be cautious get the f***ing pubs open.

When me, my lass, her cousin and boyfriend were chilling (literally) at the Trimmers Arms one subject that came up is memories of their time in Spain. It is that which led to the suggestion we as a quartet go to Spain next year. To the villa my lasses family love going to in the South of a town called Frigliana.

I feel I have been hit personally hard by the pandemic's impact on the travel industry. I don't miss going to countries like Spain - I have never been to these places. But all my life pretty much I have lived solely on a dream, a desire, to go. These things founded on the fact there is the possibility. I do not have any of those. I do not have the dream and I do not have the possibility.

I am so looking forward to if I am lucky.
Superb!🤣🤪

Spain and Greece may allow us in but they will also be allowing people from all over the shop so if the Government want to minimise transmission they should be very cautious like they are being now.
Still dubious about putting a couple of hundred people in a metal tube for a couple of hours.
If they aren’t going to be cautious get the f***ing pubs open.
Pubs are open Harry.
He's like Shakespeare isn't he.

I'm sure your family will enjoy it without you.

About 75 quid. Could be more or could be less by the time you go.
Why more or less?

I am not so sure now. I wouldn't like to pay £75 for a taxi ride. Europe seems such a massively expensive place since they introduced this euro.
Can you not get a bus to Frigliana? Save on taxi fare. Might give some of these white washed villages a try.
A bus ride might be even more than a taxi though.

Last edited:
Been looking at holidays. Haven’t been out of the North East since I came back off my honeymoon.

I’m looking end of August. Need to wait on announcements though. Wouldn’t risk otherwise

Malaga to Nerja/Frigliana is a hell of a ride - an hour or so. If you want a village nearer Malaga, try Mijas (not Mijas Costa on the coast but the one inland). Bigger than Frigliana but a great spot and a bit more choice for bars/restaurants/hotels

Malaga to Nerja/Frigliana is a hell of a ride - an hour or so. If you want a village nearer Malaga, try Mijas (not Mijas Costa on the coast but the one inland). Bigger than Frigliana but a great spot and a bit more choice for bars/restaurants/hotels
I am sure we will be going all over the place. There's nee stopping my lass when she is in her element of Spain.

For me part of a holiday is the anticipation of it, looking forward to it. Right now that would be replaced with the uncertainty of whether I'm going to get away, what type of restrictions there'll be and whether I'll get refunded if it goes wrong. I'll be staying in the UK and spin the roulette wheel with our weather.

Back