Holidaying abroad this year

We decided that we wouldn’t go to visit our daughter in Spain this September. She has some things she needs to do in the U.K. so she’s got all her documentation in order and she’s coming over next week. We’re scattering her grandmothers ashes, showing her (Spanish) fiancé around the place and generally spoiling them both rotten. We took a fortnight break in remote cottages in the Scottish Highlands. We’re on our own, isolated etc, so none of the covid risks associated with air travel and non of that faff etc.

That was the plan.

I’m assuming it was the necessary grocery trip to the Coop in Portree that’s the culprit. We weren’t near anybody otherwise. We were unmasked. Stupid.

A horrendous drive back with diversions and delays with Mrs Kaplan sat in the passenger seat feeling rotten took us two days and 14.5 hours driving.

And we both tested positive for Covid yesterday.

The visit from the daughter is off. I’ve offered to recompense.

We should have gone to Spain.

Last edited by a moderator:
We decided that we wouldn’t go to visit our daughter in Spain this September. She has some things she needs to do in the U.K. so she’s got all her documentation in order and she’s coming over next week. We’re scattering her grandmothers ashes, showing her (Spanish) fiancé around the place and generally spoiling them both rotten. We took a fortnight break in remote cottages in the Scottish Highlands. We’re on our own, isolated etc, so none of the covid risks associated with air travel and non of that faff etc.

That was the plan.

I’m assuming it was the necessary grocery trip to the Coop in Portree that’s the culprit. We weren’t near anybody otherwise. We were unmasked. Stupid.

A horrendous drive back with diversions and delays with Mrs Kaplan sat in the passenger seat feeling rotten took us two days and 14.5 hours driving.

Aww that's rotten luck! I really feel for you. I hope you both feel better soon xx

in portugal now. just sat outside with a cup of coffee listening to the birds enjoying the view.
got here yesterday and it always feels like coming home. i wore a mask on the plane even though you didn't need to. enjoyed following the match on here and with jeff stelling, seems we're playing some good football.
already fixed the mrs' hairdryer, put a picture up properly that she put up cock eyed before i came down and assembled some plastic storage box for the roof she wants to put stuff in. got a few other jobs to do then i'm going to do absolutely bugger all for a few weeks.

Anybody travelled to Spain recently?

What is the process for non vaccinated?

Is it just a case of doing a test a couple of days before you go and registering the results online?

That was the plan.

The opposite happened to us two months back. Had some friends coming over here to us in Spain and about 4 hours before they boarded the flight we has a positive test. They still came over but had to be put up in a hotel and because one is immuno- compromised we could only communicate by keeping our distance behind our gate and shouting across to them on the other side of the track.

The opposite happened to us two months back. Had some friends coming over here to us in Spain and about 4 hours before they boarded the flight we has a positive test. They still came over but had to be put up in a hotel and because one is immuno- compromised we could only communicate by keeping our distance behind our gate and shouting across to them on the other side of the track.
That’s not happening with us. It had been suggested, by me, that I pay for alternative accommodation but the trip from Leeds Bradford Airport (and back) plus all the things that were planned, including scattering Granny’s ashes at Robin Hoods Bay and various family meets, wouldn’t be possible without my chauffeuring. And I’m still testing positive. Plus Mrs Kaplan is gonna still be fatigued anyway I’d guess, although there are early signs of recovery. I’m a bit up-and-down atm. I’m 67 and it takes longer to recover (?) even for a cold - which is something I often forget and is invariably missed by people who are 30+ years younger too. Trips off. Flight money is lost. We’ll rearrange.

LATERAL FLOW​

TEST AT HOME – UK​

Aim to verify results within 3 hours*
Easy to use App required (Randox CertiFly)
Travel certification provided
Home delivery £13.50 and £12 with any coupon code
Click and Collect £11

Only need lat flow now not PCR
Thank god as my daughters cost me a fortune last 18 months:lol:

Last edited:

Back