Holidaying abroad this year

Prior to Covid, I'd never really noticed or paid much attention, but the last two and a half years have really opened my eyes as to how bad our Media really are.

In my opinion, they have made a massive debilitating contribution to the mental state of a hell of a lot of people in this country.

All in all the media have been disgusting throughout the pandemic and now EVERYTHING is massively exaggerated to create sensation which is knowingly causing far greater levels of anxiety amongst the population

We flew in to Philadelphia from Heathrow T3 back on Wednesday.…. Except we didn’t make it to Philly because after queuing for 2 hours to get to the security gates, we missed the flight. Got sent back to check-in, which we found had all closed for the day! Spoke to an airlines rep who got our bags off the flight and told us to get to T5 where they’d get us on another flight out. We head round, my girlfriend is ready to kill Someone by now :lol: speak to the ticket desk and we’re told there is a flight out soon but we’d have to go via Los Angeles!!

Anyway after mentioning that this won’t be acceptable, we tell the guy just to get us a flight to New York and we’ll sort it from there. And here we are, a flight to JFK a (grim) subway ride to penn station, then the last Amtrak down to Philly where it’s red hot, sunny and I’m drinking a beer 🍻

and here’s the queue at Heathrow T3…

Logon or register to see this image

I dunno about anybody else but I’m still getting the daily spam emails from all the budget airlines trying to get me to book their cheap tickets to places they probably won’t be able to get me to (if I believe the press and the internet)

Flew from Newcastle with Jet2 Saturday 18th. Paid for fast track and was not needed. 8 people in total at Jet2 check-in desks and around 20 in total at security checks. Never been through the airport as quickly. If I knew how to post pics on here I would show the security gates

Does a 14 year old have their own Covid pass or do I have to include her on mine, which means contacting Doctor (if possible) I think.
Was hoping Spain may drop it for under 18s but seemingly not.
Jet2 brought my return flight times forward four hours meaning no breakfast in the hotel and likely having to get up 5am thus having an early night the night before.

Arseholes. Their customer service and general product has gone to shit this last couple of years like. Had all kinds of minor aggro with them. The people that work for them literally do not give a f•ck.

Last edited:
Flew from Newcastle with Jet2 Saturday 18th. Paid for fast track and was not needed. 8 people in total at Jet2 check-in desks and around 20 in total at security checks. Never been through the airport as quickly. If I knew how to post pics on here I would show the security gates
Would never bother with fast track going out of Newcastle, don’t think I’ve ever queued to check in or at security longer than 15 mins. Landing back at Newcastle is a different story however, utter shambles nearly every time with about 2 members of staff there.

Was hoping Spain may drop it for under 18s but seemingly not.
Jet2 brought my return flight times forward four hours meaning no breakfast in the hotel and likely having to get up 5am thus having an early night the night before.

Arseholes. Their customer service and general product has gone to shit this last couple of years like. Had all kinds of minor aggro with them. The people that work for them literally do not give a f•ck.
Yeah same, I changed my hol with Jet2 earlier this year to fly from Ncl as it was now cheaper than original Glasgow flight. Week later they changed flight from 8am to 4.30pm. Waste of a day, kernts.

Yeah same, I changed my hol with Jet2 earlier this year to fly from Ncl as it was now cheaper than original Glasgow flight. Week later they changed flight from 8am to 4.30pm. Waste of a day, kernts.
Thats an utter pisstake that mind.

Personally I think they are doing it on dates where they have 2 flights scheduled to go out to the same place and in the event they arent half full, bang - they cancel one and chuck everyone on one plane.
It wouldnt be so bad if they offered you a goodwill gesture, free seat reservation, free onflight spend, etc but nah, this is what we are doing. T&Cs say we can. Fuck you.

Its bullshit

Last edited:
With the stress and palaver associated with airport security, baggage handling, delays or cancellations, (both directions) paperwork, potential infection, blah de blah de blah I’m starting to wish I’d never booked the latest trip.

We’re about to fly home tomorrow after our trip to Philly and NYC. Apart from having to complete the verifly app thingy to check in with American Airlines, everything else seems to be back to normal over here. The only place we’ve been asked to wear our masks has been to get on the NY ferry (Although once we on, we could remove it so god knows what the logic of that is!?). anyway, just the small issue of the transfer through Heathrow Terminal 5 to deal with for the final leg up to Edinburgh. Wish us luck!! :lol:

With the stress and palaver associated with airport security, baggage handling, delays or cancellations, (both directions) paperwork, potential infection, blah de blah de blah I’m starting to wish I’d never booked the latest trip.

Flying on Saturday morning. Just can't wait until we are rolling down the runway to escape the madness and then get the first holiday beer on arrival.

flew back monday night from lanzarote into newcastle 1am on tuesday. couldn't fault anything about the whole experience/holiday, brilliant. Newcastle airport seemed to be coping very well

loads of parents taking their kids out of school to save a lot of money, can't blame them at all mind, some of the figures in savings they were telling us, were eye watering.

Back