Holidaying abroad this year

Looks like Amber list and PCR test scrapped with lots of countries removed from the Red list

Pleased I took the chance and booked Tenerife 3 weeks ago as bookings are sure to go crazy this weekend. Will be looking for a weekend away in November and maybe a somewhere warmish over Xmas/NY
Hoping that South Africa will be removed, daughter lives there and haven't seen her in nearly two years. I realise the chance is slim.

In spain (Granada) now and it’s bloody lovely to be back abroad. Feels safer here than back home, everyone wearing masks when you need to.

was a doddle getting through as well. From the plane landing to leaving the airport only took half an hour which was good considering few planes landed at once. Didn’t check the COVID passport.

selfishly hoping that they don’t quite stop the tests to return to the uk yet as I’ve paid for mine so want to use it :lol:
The whole of Andalucia is now at the lowest level (level 1) and the province of Granada is 71.2 per 100,000. It is a lot safer and people are still using common sense.
Have a wonderful time and enjoy my favourite Spanish city.

The whole of Andalucia is now at the lowest level (level 1) and the province of Granada is 71.2 per 100,000. It is a lot safer and people are still using common sense.
Have a wonderful time and enjoy my favourite Spanish city.
Ah Granada... Love the place

Sitting in Albacin viewing the Alhambra in 2003 - one of the highlights of my life

Flew back to the UK for a week last week. Just had to book that day 2 and 8 tests (£100) then do another antigen test before I returned to Italy. Lots of thorough checks on the way to the UK. Nowt on the way back to Italy, didn't have to show my negative antigen test or anything.

Flew back to the UK for a week last week. Just had to book that day 2 and 8 tests (£100) then do another antigen test before I returned to Italy. Lots of thorough checks on the way to the UK. Nowt on the way back to Italy, didn't have to show my negative antigen test or anything.
Considering many European countries have now surpassed us on vaccination rates and have lower cases than us and they don't expect us travelling to them to test - then it's really quite bizarre we have this requirement at the moment.

Considering many European countries have now surpassed us on vaccination rates and have lower cases than us and they don't expect us travelling to them to test - then it's really quite bizarre we have this requirement at the moment.
I'm minded to think it's more about trying to boost the failing UK economy by encouraging people to spend their hard earned spraff on extortionate UK hols

I reckon if they scrap the need to do a PCR Test before returning back to UK there will be a surge in demand for overseas travel again , loads of Uk hotels and holiday let’s etc have took
The piss with prices this year
Definitely this^

The one major issue for people is the need to test before flying home and the possibility of having to stay and quarantine in whatever country you're in.

Plus you're right about hotels and holiday lets in the UK. I know they're trying to claw back lost earnings but robbing people blind for one or two years isn't going to encourage future booking. It's short-term greed as opposed to long-term confidence in their offering.

I reckon if they scrap the need to do a PCR Test before returning back to UK there will be a surge in demand for overseas travel again , loads of Uk hotels and holiday let’s etc have took
There is no need for a PCR before return. It's needed 2 days after even for the double vaccinated.

Was always going to happen in an attempt to claw back the disaster of Spring 2020. I think we'll see the other end of the scale for the next year or two as everyone thinks "fuck that I'm going abroad it's been 2/3 years".

I reckon UK hotel prices will absolutely crash next summer.

Although you have to wonder if the system will still be enforced then.
Not worth risking really. I'll order me tests this weekend.
Still need to do the day 2 PCR until the end of October - when it will be replaced with a LFT. When I first sat the announcement I thought that was scrapped from 4th - so wondered if as I fly in on 3rd then day 2 is 5th I might have not had to do that. But still do and the pre-departure obviously.

Fuck it, still got 9 days in Spain to look forward too :cool:

Not worth risking really. I'll order me tests this weekend.
Still need to do the day 2 PCR until the end of October - when it will be replaced with a LFT. When I first sat the announcement I thought that was scrapped from 4th - so wondered if as I fly in on 3rd then day 2 is 5th I might have not had to do that. But still do and the pre-departure obviously.

Fuck it, still got 9 days in Spain to look forward too :cool:

Yes, I misread the initial announcement. I thought it was LF from 4 October but it is "later in October". I'm flying back on 18th so no idea whether that will be "later in October".

At least pre-departure tests have been scrapped which removes the risk of having to quarantine before coming home.

Back