Holiday plans for the rest of the year

Listening to the travel expert Simon Calder he reckons wait till next year for some real bargains. A little extreme I agree but that's the info.

Holiday prices are an absolute joke at the minute
Last year we took the bairn and my nephew away. This year it's cost more and we're not even taking my nephew.

We weren't going to bother but our lass got talking to her sister who is away to Salou with her lot and we thought fuck it we'll book up and go out with them.

Brother in law is a canny bloke and the kids are all a bit older now so looking forward to it.

Just back from Tenerife, off to Zante in September and rounding the year off in Tenerife again in December 😎

Fly back from Tenerife tomorrow. The last two days have been schorchio with even the local residents complaining. What I like about Tenerife is that it usually isn't too hot in July. Not this year.

Next trip is two weeks in Thailand in October. My first longhaul holiday since COVID.

Fly back from Tenerife tomorrow. The last two days have been schorchio with even the local residents complaining. What I like about Tenerife is that it usually isn't too hot in July. Not this year.

Next trip is two weeks in Thailand in October. My first longhaul holiday since COVID.
Aye it was red hot while we were there ( last three weeks) I like the heat but not that hot.

Back from a great 5 star all inclusive in the bay of Fethiye, Turkey last week with family.Booked a week in Skiathos Town room only for start of September, £340 for seven nights. Shocked to see the flights are coming in at £1100 😳for me and our lass.
Never mind got to be there as our Greek friends are having their first grandchild and we wanna be part of it.👍

Last edited:

That’s where we are at the minute. Flying back next Friday. The hot weather has been canny. Cooling down from tomorrow so will be heading out to explore further than the sun lounger. You recommend any places to go or for eating drinking etc?

That’s where we are at the minute. Flying back next Friday. The hot weather has been canny. Cooling down from tomorrow so will be heading out to explore further than the sun lounger. You recommend any places to go or for eating drinking etc?

I've been staying in Los Cris as it's not as crazy as PDLA but it too dead either. Just nice to go for a walk along the coast and pop into any bar which takes your fancy.

Back