Holiday Help Needed!

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date
Mauritius. Grand Gaube, beautiful hotel, anywhere in the north is good though, perfect beaches and decent weather (Late 20’s)

Hotels have so much in the way of activities that the kids will love it.

Prices much more reasonable in late January by the way. Almost half the price.

Looking to go on a long haul winter sun break next January. Need sunshine and a nice hotel but not somewhere where you are just stuck there for 2 weeks as we like to get out and about. Kids coming too.

Does anyone have any recommendations of destinations or places to stay?
Get yourselves to India

Hottest place I've ever been to. Never known heat like it.
Amazing place though. Clearly the inspiration to quiddich too.

Went to a ceynote afterwards. A torturer red bull diving venue. Class, but caught a rotten ear infection

I noticed the quiddich link too :D

Did the grand cenote and a couple of smaller ones. The ex had cut his foot and it had got infected. At one of the cenotes, some little fish were interested in the cut. The guide told him to sit on the side with his feet in the water and let them get on with it. They nibbled away all the manky skin and it healed up no bother after that!

I noticed the quiddich link too :D

Did the grand cenote and a couple of smaller ones. The ex had cut his foot and it had got infected. At one of the cenotes, some little fish were interested in the cut. The guide told him to sit on the side with his feet in the water and let them get on with it. They nibbled away all the manky skin and it healed up no bother after that!
My son has a cut foot that isn't healing I'm going to suggest this to him (he's out that way currently).

I hope you are not taking your child out of school...
:-O:eek: umb
Mauritius. Grand Gaube, beautiful hotel, anywhere in the north is good though, perfect beaches and decent weather (Late 20’s)

Hotels have so much in the way of activities that the kids will love it.

Prices much more reasonable in late January by the way. Almost half the price.

Cheers, which airport would we fly from?

Looking to go on a long haul winter sun break next January. Need sunshine and a nice hotel but not somewhere where you are just stuck there for 2 weeks as we like to get out and about. Kids coming too.

Does anyone have any recommendations of destinations or places to stay?
I'd recommend not staying in an AI then. Go self catering or B&B and use the money you save to go out all the time.

Australia and Melbourne suggested above might be a little too long haul for the four year old ??? And your fares are likely going to be the best part of £3500.

Cuba is my favourite place I've been for winter sun (split between Havana and beach resort) (might not suit your children?)
Mexico might work if you find a child friendly hotel.
Cape Verde has good weather at that time of year.
My daughter has been flying longhaul since she was 9 months old no problem . Just pop their pj's on and they sleep no bother. Tablets, movies and magazines all fill the time in. She's 7 now and she's done 3 trips to the UK and Hawaii longhaul.

Back