Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
they havent even had that much, zero contact, also they dont want voucher, want a refund

Same apart from the odd email. The way they are doing it is they give you a refund voucher to rebook a holiday then you have to contact them to say you dont want it.

If you’re unable to accept a refund credit you can apply for a refund; due to the volume of holidays impacted, we’re asking you not to contact us until you receive your refund credit so we can continue helping customers in date order. However, if you do need to request your refund before this you can do so using the details below. Please be aware that our call centre teams are incredibly busy, so call waiting times are considerably longer than usual. You can call 0203 451 2868 between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday.

I was due to gan tomorrow with Tui, still nee credit note email
Me too mate to Crete but unlike you I originally claimed mine back through the DD claim back after numerous calls to TUI that went unanswered or disconnected. The payment I made was put back into my bank on the 21st April. This after being informed on the 8th April the holiday was cancelled some two weeks later.. The day I was refunded 21st April weeks had passed in trying to contact TUI everyday, several times a day and a number of Emails that went unanswered, The only Email I received and the second one stating the holiday had been cancelled on the same day as my claim, the 21st April...coincidence or what?.
A week later,28th April, after a text message from my bank saying I was O/D by hundreds ( I have never had a O/D facility) I found that TUI had reclaimed my DD claim back refund after supplying my Bank with false information. Remember the contract between me and TUI had ended on the 8th April when they cancelled the holiday and confirmed on the 21st April. TUI had no legitimate reason in doing so.. Light blue touch paper at this point.
I know now, from the legal point of view, that TUI have acted illegally and had potentially committed theft. I also found out that there was no legal contract or DD or any other legitimate reason allowing TUI to take monies from my account without my permission I also discovered that my Bank had assisted them in doing so, both quite illegally.
The Bank should have known the DD to take any further funds from my account had been completed in the February (83 days ago) with my last payment. I now understand that TUI have provided documents to my Bank on the 28th April stating ,despite the contract between me and TUI ending with the first cancellation notice, they are entitled to my money. Quite illegal.. The Bank have rang this afternoon and after pointing out the misrepresentation and the legal implication and providing documents confirming this, and also a crime number. Yes, i did report this to the police.

Me too mate to Crete but unlike you I originally claimed mine back through the DD claim back after numerous calls to TUI that went unanswered or disconnected. The payment I made was put back into my bank on the 21st April. This after being informed on the 8th April the holiday was cancelled some two weeks later.. The day I was refunded 21st April weeks had passed in trying to contact TUI everyday, several times a day and a number of Emails that went unanswered, The only Email I received and the second one stating the holiday had been cancelled on the same day as my claim, the 21st April...coincidence or what?.
A week later,28th April, after a text message from my bank saying I was O/D by hundreds ( I have never had a O/D facility) I found that TUI had reclaimed my DD claim back refund after supplying my Bank with false information. Remember the contract between me and TUI had ended on the 8th April when they cancelled the holiday and confirmed on the 21st April. TUI had no legitimate reason in doing so.. Light blue touch paper at this point.
I know now, from the legal point of view, that TUI have acted illegally and had potentially committed theft. I also found out that there was no legal contract or DD or any other legitimate reason allowing TUI to take monies from my account without my permission I also discovered that my Bank had assisted them in doing so, both quite illegally.
The Bank should have known the DD to take any further funds from my account had been completed in the February (83 days ago) with my last payment. I now understand that TUI have provided documents to my Bank on the 28th April stating ,despite the contract between me and TUI ending with the first cancellation notice, they are entitled to my money. Quite illegal.. The Bank have rang this afternoon and after pointing out the misrepresentation and the legal implication and providing documents confirming this, and also a crime number. Yes, i did report this to the police.
I paid it all with my debit card, glad I don't have a DD set up with them then.

I paid it all with my debit card, glad I don't have a DD set up with them then.
Its as good as...its that the bank did not use the DD system as ist should do nor did it follow the Banking code of practise by collating all of the evidence before handing this back....Dont think CC are any easier, I've been waiting for a complaint to BC for a order on the 1st march thats not been delivered..

We were due to pay £3k on 13 May but thought we’d lose it cos the holiday has not been cancelled. Tried the BA website today and we’re getting a £300 voucher up until April 2020. Doubt we’ll use it.

I got the cancellation email from BA yesterday for our flights at the end of June. Was on hold to the refund line for about 10 minutes and then got confirmation that it was all sorted after about 5 minutes. Girl on the phone said it would take between 2-4 weeks and I'd get a confirmation email so over the moon with how quick and easy it all was. To be honest I didn't think they'd be cancelling anything in June just yet so was expecting to just get the voucher.

...Girlfriend's already spent the refund money like :rolleyes: :lol:

I've just had a mad experience with Hotels.com
Me and a mate plus wives were due to go to Munich in a couple of weeks for 3 days, he booked the flights with Lufhhansa and I got the hotels (£545 in total). Last week I got an email to say I could apply for a voucher to use with the same hotel valid for up to 12 months and my mate also go the chance to cancel the flights and get all of his money back, so he did and then noticed that the same flights for next April were less than half what he had paid previously (£90 return).
I called Hotels.com and asked them if I could change the hotel dates but couldn't wait the 30 days for the voucher and they said no bother they would call the hotel direct. The hotel said no bother but couldn't confirm by email as the manager was not about, I was then told 3 times by the Hotels.com bloke to book the flights anyway as there were 48 rooms showing on the system, so we did.

This was last Saturday and to cut a long story a bit shorter, on Wednesday I got an email saying good news, the hotel had now confirmed that they could switch the dates for no penalty and I had to call them immediately to rebook. I called them and he went through each date and rebooked all of the rooms, then right at the end I was told "that will be another £2000". So the hotel had increased the room rate from £90/night to £420/night.
I wasn't best pleased but the operator said that when they'd told me to rebook the flights they were just advising me that their would be rooms available, not that there could be an increase in the price. I asked to speak to his manager but he said that was not possible as he was working from home in India. I told him that their policy of issuig a voucher was absolutely useless if the hotels were going to profiteer and raise their prices fourfold - his reply was that the hotels had lost a lot of money in the pandemic so were entitled to raise their prices to recoup some of the losses.
The next day I got through to another operator who was the exact opposite, said he understood why I was a bit miffed and gave me a full refund of the £545 so we'll have to hang on and rebook later.

Thats mine finally through from Emirates this afternoon, around 6 weeks after cancellation. Happy with that.

As we won't be travelling anywhere for some time to come, i'm currently looking at motorcycles. I do not have a motorcycle license.

The holiday park in Holland I was supposed to be going to in June has reopened! Fuck knows how they expect me to get there if the ferry is suspended and the government are advising not to travel abroad!

The holiday park in Holland I was supposed to be going to in June has reopened! Fuck knows how they expect me to get there if the ferry is suspended and the government are advising not to travel abroad!

Durinell?

We went last year....it was canny.
Doubtful you'll be travelling....I wouldn't....even if the advice changes.

Are they not offering refunds or a rebook?
Credit note only if certain circumstances (they are closed or there is a negative travel notice). To be honest I'd rather have the cash as I'm not sure what will happen in the next year. They say on the website under no circumstances will they be giving a refund and if the holiday is more expensive (it is next year) I'll need to pay the difference.

We are just going to cancel ours.

It's with TUI and isn't until the end of August. We've already paid £600 but the remaining £3k is due at the end of May.

It's pretty unlikely that it would go ahead, and I'd rather just write off the £600 than hand over another £3k in the hope it will be refunded (and refunded in cash, not vouchers etc.).

I just noticed when checking the bank account that Easyjit refunded about 2/3rds of my booking amount last week. Dunno why they've retained £60ish mind but I'll be looking into it.

strange one that.

I got a full refund last week, took about 7 weeks but it came through.
They even refunded £50 for a name change I'd made which I never expected to get back tbh.

I've just had a mad experience with Hotels.com
Me and a mate plus wives were due to go to Munich in a couple of weeks for 3 days, he booked the flights with Lufhhansa and I got the hotels (£545 in total). Last week I got an email to say I could apply for a voucher to use with the same hotel valid for up to 12 months and my mate also go the chance to cancel the flights and get all of his money back, so he did and then noticed that the same flights for next April were less than half what he had paid previously (£90 return).
I called Hotels.com and asked them if I could change the hotel dates but couldn't wait the 30 days for the voucher and they said no bother they would call the hotel direct. The hotel said no bother but couldn't confirm by email as the manager was not about, I was then told 3 times by the Hotels.com bloke to book the flights anyway as there were 48 rooms showing on the system, so we did.

This was last Saturday and to cut a long story a bit shorter, on Wednesday I got an email saying good news, the hotel had now confirmed that they could switch the dates for no penalty and I had to call them immediately to rebook. I called them and he went through each date and rebooked all of the rooms, then right at the end I was told "that will be another £2000". So the hotel had increased the room rate from £90/night to £420/night.
I wasn't best pleased but the operator said that when they'd told me to rebook the flights they were just advising me that their would be rooms available, not that there could be an increase in the price. I asked to speak to his manager but he said that was not possible as he was working from home in India. I told him that their policy of issuig a voucher was absolutely useless if the hotels were going to profiteer and raise their prices fourfold - his reply was that the hotels had lost a lot of money in the pandemic so were entitled to raise their prices to recoup some of the losses.
The next day I got through to another operator who was the exact opposite, said he understood why I was a bit miffed and gave me a full refund of the £545 so we'll have to hang on and rebook later.
This is why im in process of getting a refund from tui. Similar to you, i was willing to rebook my identical holiday for next year and leave my money with the company but they wanted another £1100 for the same holiday, a rise of over 25%. When holiday companies try to take the piss they are only making there situation worse.

Had an email from Jet2 this morning telling me my cancelled June flight will be refunded back to my card in the next 28 days. No having to phone them on numbers that nobody answers etc.
Hopefully Easyjet will be as easy on my booked return flights but I doubt it!

Back