Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

Would rather get money back and stay this country for this summer , than sit on a plane wearing masks and then social distancing when abroad ... no thanks
Canoeing holiday in Seaton carew sounds rewarding.
Would rather get money back and stay this country for this summer , than sit on a plane wearing masks and then social distancing when abroad ... no thanks
Canoeing holiday in Seaton carew sounds rewarding.

I looked the other day and the flights to Gdansk in September were cheap as fuck. Just a pity I can’t go then

Ahh yes, sorry what I meant was I'm anticipating having to pay a inflated price by going through the rebooking process as thats what happened when I rescheduled my original Tenerife fights, ended up paying £110 pp return Edinburgh - Santander when it was only £72 going through a normal anonymous booking, so if I have to rescheduled again wouldnt be surprised if something similar happens, small potatoes compared to some people having £4k plus holidays annoying though.

Aye Gdansk is class, been to Wroclaw, Krakow and Warsaw also in recent years, hopefully more in the future too if flights stay cheap.

I was seemingly lucky with my USA trip, got through to BA eventually and they refunded the best part of £1.5k. Managed to cancel the hotels and car hire without loss, bar one hotel in Texas which we lost $25 on.

Hotel with Expedia for Germany next weekend is proving much more irritating. They’ll cancel it but won’t be able to tell me if I’ll get a voucher or a refund until early June. Hoping the travel insurance will cover it.

We were going in June. Flight out with Jet2 is cancelled but return with Easyjet is still scheduled to fly. Will be a right fanny on if that doesn't get cancelled with no outbound flight!

abybody had joy with TUI refunds ?
mam/dad should have been flying this week, obviously its cancelled but they have never had confirmation and cant get through to anybody to try get refund ?
cheers

mam/dad should have been flying this week, obviously its cancelled but they have never had confirmation and cant get through to anybody to try get refund ?
cheers

we were due to fly this Saturday. Still not heard anything apart from the wait for the refund voucher

We were flying to Munich on 21st April with Lufthansa, they cancelled the flight. I phoned up on 9th April and asked for a refund and I’m still waiting for the money. The hotel we’d booked emailed me to tell me they had cancelled the booking on 3rd of April and that I would be refunded in 5-6 days and I’m still waiting for that too .
In contrast I had one night booked in a premier inn at the end of June and they contacted me to say they had amended all bookings to be flexible so that they could be rebooked or cancelled and refunded through their website . I cancelled on Friday and the money has already been credited to the card today ( Monday)

cheers

Aye as mentioned a while back, we got our £10k back. Supposed to going last Monday - we called on the Friday, told them we had received the credit but wanted the money. Lass said no bother. We got 8.5k on the Monday and 1.5k on the Tuesday.

I think we just got lucky. Or a new starter on the phone. Think the queue on the phone took about an hour...so whole process has been painless. Well, apart from not being sat in a 5* hotel in Mexico now.

Back