Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
We were due to fly with tui to lanzarote on 21st May. Had email saying it had been cancelled and we can have full refund. States also though that if we move the holiday we get an extra 20% towards rebooking which i though was good. Taking ours in 6 weeks hols next year and only costs £50 more. Dont have to take them out of school now

Terms and conditions do not over ride the law.

If they cannot provide the service you booked they , I assume, have broken the contract and the law states a refund is due. Tell them they have 7 days or it is going to small claims court.
i'm currently on hold to them now. 2 hours now!!

We were due to fly with tui to lanzarote on 21st May. Had email saying it had been cancelled and we can have full refund. States also though that if we move the holiday we get an extra 20% towards rebooking which i though was good. Taking ours in 6 weeks hols next year and only costs £50 more. Dont have to take them out of school now

We're probably going to rebook for May 2021. Ours is £600 more but take off the 20% and it's almost the same.
They've obviously bumped prices up to take into account the supposed discount.

Terms and conditions do not over ride the law.

If they cannot provide the service you booked they , I assume, have broken the contract and the law states a refund is due. Tell them they have 7 days or it is going to small claims court.
i got a refund minus £40 admin fee, which works out 2.8% of the cost
but will take 6-8 weeks to arrive, due to backlog!!

i got a refund minus £40 admin fee, which works out 2.8% of the cost
but will take 6-8 weeks to arrive, due to backlog!!
I think you should ring them back and get the £40. They’re not legally allowed to charge you an admin fee the bar stewards.

I think you should ring them back and get the £40. They’re not legally allowed to charge you an admin fee the bar stewards.
i've had enough of them, on hold for over 2 hours. The £40 is between 3 families, but yes, i hear your point, its the principal.

i did question the £40, she said i could phone up and contest it, when "they're back in the office"

i've had enough of them, on hold for over 2 hours. The £40 is between 3 families, but yes, i hear your point, its the principal.

i did question the £40, she said i could phone up and contest it, when "they're back in the office"
I’m going. What a bunch of bastards though. 😂

I’d just make sure they don’t get my money next time.

We had Flights to Tenerife booked for 1st of March with Ryanair, flight still went ahead but they gave us the option to rebook different flights the day before we should have gone, had to go through some separate booking portal thing on website where everything was inflated massively compared to going through the normal website/Skyscanner, ended up booking Santander for end of July, can't see that happening now either, hopeful they'll let us change it again but I'm expecting ridiculous prices for what will probably end up a 2 day November break to Poland or something £190 each just for flights.

We had Flights to Tenerife booked for 1st of March with Ryanair, flight still went ahead but they gave us the option to rebook different flights the day before we should have gone, had to go through some separate booking portal thing on website where everything was inflated massively compared to going through the normal website/Skyscanner, ended up booking Santander for end of July, can't see that happening now either, hopeful they'll let us change it again but I'm expecting ridiculous prices for what will probably end up a 2 day November break to Poland or something £190 each just for flights.
I looked the other day and the flights to Gdansk in September were cheap as fuck. Just a pity I can’t go then

Chalet company have just done a c*nts trick on me.

Told me directly to do a chargeback on the transaction which Amex refunded straight away, then 1 month later they’ve disputed the chargeback and reclaimed the money. I’ve now got to try and get it back via insurance.

She had a voicemail last week and they never called back. No idea how she missed seeing she's never off her phone.

We were due to fly Jet2 on 24 March. Got an email saying flight cancelled and would get full refund within 28 days. Never chased them and 3 weeks post holiday get an email saying refund processed and it all got charged back to card we'd booked on in about 3 weeks. We'd booked the flight in Jan. No calls from them or anything bar the emails.

Reading thread wondering if we've been lucky.

Well, happy days.

Easyjet have just confirmed that my £2.5k refund has just been processed. Money refunded in 3-5 days they tell me.

All done through Twitter.
Not sure if I'd have had any such luck with calls and emails.

Got my flight cancelled at tea time with Ryanair. Completed online form for refund. Says will be processed within 20 days. Then money should be in account 5-7 working days. Looked straight forward so hopefully goes through.

Got my flight cancelled at tea time with Ryanair. Completed online form for refund. Says will be processed within 20 days. Then money should be in account 5-7 working days. Looked straight forward so hopefully goes through.
Just been in the 10 o clock news that RyanAir are saying it could take up to six months for the refunds to be paid.

We had hotel only booking in Benidorm for middle of May, through Booking.com

One night amount was taken upon booking, the balance to be paid on arrival. We cancelled it and have been refunded the one night, which per the ts and cs was non refundable, so well happy with that.

Had the email from Ryanair today regarding cancelling flights. Cancelled taking the refund option, supposed to be 20 working days from claim being authorised, then 5 to 7 working days for the refund to appear in the bank.

We had hotel only booking in Benidorm for middle of May, through Booking.com

One night amount was taken upon booking, the balance to be paid on arrival. We cancelled it and have been refunded the one night, which per the ts and cs was non refundable, so well happy with that.

Had the email from Ryanair today regarding cancelling flights. Cancelled taking the refund option, supposed to be 20 working days from claim being authorised, then 5 to 7 working days for the refund to appear in the bank.
I hope the fella in your avatar didn’t have any bother with refunds after the traumatic Christmas he had! :lol:

Back