Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
I think holidays are going to be extortionate next year. Loads of people with vouchers or refunds in their bank and desperate for a holiday. Companies equally desperate to reclaim some of their losses.

Think it will be caravan touring for me next year and look abroad in 2022. Got Glastonbury in 2021 too now.
Same. Even worse of they go under and you have a voucher. I cant see any logic taking the risk when you are entitled to a full refund.

Flight with Ryanair next week was cancelled two weeks ago. Refund claimed and email received to say processing but still nothing. Also a Jet2 flight but not sure if refund received on that as missus booked it.

Jet2 holiday in middle of May to Spain. No word on it yet but it's obviously not going to be going ahead. Will want a refund rather than rebook.

Emirates cancelled they’re pushing vouchers
BA acting like it’s still on/nee info. Digs saying full cost to cancel.
Gulf Air original flight cancelled, rescheduled yet to be cancelled. To replace Emirates flight above.

Honeymoon booked for the end of August in Spain fully paid for, booked through Hays Travel with J2. Can't see it going ahead so guess I just gotta wait and see.

hope you remember that and give the hotel a wide berth in the future.
Why? I booked a non-refundable room and it's a hotel I use regularly as I'm up in EDB 3 days a week. I have no issue with them offering a credit as it'll definitely get used

£13 with National Express on 2 April my only pre-booked travel. They cancelled their whole timetable and replaced it with an emergency one a couple of weeks ago (which they've also now cancelled). Haven't applied for a refund. Hope everyone on here gets sorted like.

We have a holiday scheduled in August to a H10 in Spain. Not sure whether we‘ll get away with all of this, as can’t see borders being opened anytime soon.

Out of interest did you book yours direct with H10 and Jet2 or through love holidays / jet2 holidays or similar?
Was direct with H10 via their website , 1st time weve done it without package aswell! Booked cancellable one but had to cancel 24hrs before start (fri) flight was cancelled Saturday so they charged me, emailed hotel ignored me, rang them followed up by email to them and copied in their head office email and was then sorted refund straight to card

Air BnB. Barn booked to stay in before for bairn’s graduation now postponed. Wrote to gadjey saying I’m ok to hang on in case there’s another date. He reckons if we’re all still shut in July they will refund.
Canny.

Air Transat booked and paid for in May. Technically I suppose it might still go ahead but highly unlikely but until they have officially cancelled the flight I'm sitting tight and will claim a refund as soon as they do.

Was direct with H10 via their website , 1st time weve done it without package aswell! Booked cancellable one but had to cancel 24hrs before start (fri) flight was cancelled Saturday so they charged me, emailed hotel ignored me, rang them followed up by email to them and copied in their head office email and was then sorted refund straight to card

You’ve done well. Are they nice hotels? They look good on the images.

I got an email about it but it asked for a booking reference and I couldn't be arsed to find out tbh.
You’re lucky not to have the ballache to be honest. I’ve got flights to Italy in August with 3 different accommodations and transfers to try and sort out. Was really looking forward to a bit of a tour round. Worse things happen at sea I suppose.

KLM and Delta only giving vouchers out, company i booked with recon they can do no more.

I'll send a letter asking for a refund to the company i booked with then i'll do a MCOL for it.

Due to pay about £3k on 13th May for a July holiday, if I just ignore it do they just keep the deposit and that’s the end of it or will I still have liabilities?

Cannot find much out on the BA website.

You’re lucky not to have the ballache to be honest. I’ve got flights to Italy in August with 3 different accommodations and transfers to try and sort out. Was really looking forward to a bit of a tour round. Worse things happen at sea I suppose.

I was gonna do the Cinque Terre in August but never got round to booking the flight to Genoa. Looking like I might do the 5 ferry challenge and the Hebridien Way on the bike now. Hope you get sorted mate.

I had an airbnb booked for June in Edinburgh for the daughters graduation but it's now been cancelled. I emailed the owner and he said not to worry and he would pay back the whole amount with no cancellation charge but I've just looked and only half has went back onto the credit card (£105). I would have hoped that airbnb would have refunded the £37 service charge?

Got Ryanair mail stating flights cancelled. Went to app, clicked on my return flight and it gave option for cancel or refund - took refund. Filled in details and at bottom of page it gives tick box for refund for all flights on booking or just outward. Seen a lot of complaints on Ryanair forum people saying they don't know whether they are cancelling both outward and inward flights. This option is at the bottom of page and easy to miss. On a phone, the tick box is actually off the right of the screen, you have to go landscape to see it. Two weeks later my money was refunded.

Back