Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Just had easyJet confirm our flights to Kos are on for Aug. Just what we didn't want. Oh well a free swap to Italy next year will have to do. Lose a few quid but hey it's better than nowt

Any advice re the below would be appreciated before I contact B.A.

We are supposed to be going to New York in February (flying Newcastle to Heathrow, then Heathrow to New York and return by the same route).
Yesterday B.A emailed me to say our flights to and from New York had been cancelled but that they had rebooked us onto later flights the same day without asking me.
I am loathe to go over there now anyway in the current climate and am looking to have my deposit refunded.

Does that "cancellation" of the originally booked flight constitute grounds for requesting a refund ? Or can they get round that by saying the flight has only been changed ?

They normally reserve the right to change flight times, normally you'd only get a refund if they changed the date.

BA are usually good with stuff lie this so I'd call them and say that the new flight times aren't acceptable and see what they say.

Any advice re the below would be appreciated before I contact B.A.

We are supposed to be going to New York in February (flying Newcastle to Heathrow, then Heathrow to New York and return by the same route).
Yesterday B.A emailed me to say our flights to and from New York had been cancelled but that they had rebooked us onto later flights the same day without asking me.
I am loathe to go over there now anyway in the current climate and am looking to have my deposit refunded.

Does that "cancellation" of the originally booked flight constitute grounds for requesting a refund ? Or can they get round that by saying the flight has only been changed ?
I think if it’s over 3 hours then you have a set time to refuse the change

Back