Holiday 2018

Love koutouloufari, we've been going for the last 8 years

The best way to do is on your own the. Your not tied. Use the public bus and 1st stop is Ag Nic, change there and then onto the bus for Plaka which takes 20 minutes. plaka is th shortest crossing point and it's a great little village for prenlunch or something after the island. On the return journey check out Ag Nic for annhour before th bus back to Heraklion. Will cost you about 15 euros return but the freedom is must better Han been tied to a timescale

I enjoyed our trip but I agree doing it yourself is much more flexible. The following year we stayed in Elounda and walked along to Plaka and it was lovely then on another day went into Ag Nik on the bus .
I'd love to go back to Koutouloufari, it was lovely wandering about there on an evening .

The best way to do is on your own the. Your not tied. Use the public bus and 1st stop is Ag Nic, change there and then onto the bus for Plaka which takes 20 minutes. plaka is th shortest crossing point and it's a great little village for prenlunch or something after the island. On the return journey check out Ag Nic for annhour before th bus back to Heraklion. Will cost you about 15 euros return but the freedom is must better Han been tied to a timescale

That's great advice, thank you. Would prefer to do that as you get to do more of what you want and no stops at shitey souvenir shops :D

I've seen an all day trip that did both locations and it looked good. I'll find a local company and look at their trips as they're usually better and cheaper than the tour operator ones.
Get a motorbike man Woman man! Been to Crete a couple of times and is a doddle to get around on, nee need to pay for excursions. S

where you off?

I start the new year in cambodia

Got a weekend booked for Croatia in feb

Taking the Mrs (no) to Sweden for a gig in July.

Fancy exploring riga in Latvia-recommendations?

Then two weeks in Spain in Aug at our place

Me and the wife went to Cambodia at the back end of last year tied in with Malaysia. Siem Reap is an amazing place if you are going there. Great people, great food, fantastic history and the cheapest place I have ever been.

I have got a lads trip to Prague planned for some football, another lads trip to Poland plus a holiday to Croatia and possibly Slovenia in May with the wife. Also fancy doing the Baltic States at the back end of the year.

Have been there before and the beach and scenery is stunning.

I paraglided off the mountain onto the beach. It was class.

I didn't have the guts for that, but I have a really good video of my sister in law getting hit by one coming into land on the beach. She got tangled in the parachute.

Ole Deniz is a lovely place.

Last edited:
South Texas in November

Somewhere in June, Mallorca, Tenerife, anywhere with sun and beach.

Fancy a trip to Scotland also. Any recommendations for somewhere to take 2 pooches

That's great advice, thank you. Would prefer to do that as you get to do more of what you want and no stops at shitey souvenir shops :D

And the 90 minutes at the start and end of the trip picking people up and dropping them off at every hotel for miles

And the 90 minutes at the start and end of the trip picking people up and dropping them off at every hotel for miles

The trip to see Pirates in Mallorca was a nightmare for that. We were on the south east coast in Cala Egos, and the show is in the south west near Magaluf. The bus went all the way up to Alcudia in the north east picking people up, then across the middle of the island. It took forever! During the show, I ordered a pitcher of Peroni for my eldest but there was a mix up and they brought two pitchers out but only charged me for one. He drank both, ended up quite merry and sang pirate songs all the way back :oops::lol:

Fiji is on the cards if we get our arse in gear and book something. haven't nailed down when yet.
skiing for a week in august, again as long as we get our arse in gear in the new year and sort it out.

Currently in Malaysia

Iceland for 4 nights first week in Jan.

Week skiing end of Jan - will book last minute.

New York April for 5 nights.

Hamburg on a stag May.

Somewhere in Europe for a week September.

Somewhere Far East this time next year.

Back