Holiday 2018

Lot of money, but at least it includes everything. I'm conditioned to pricing holidays up for a family of 5 now though, so everything seems more reasonable in comparison!!

Fair point. Luckily, the young'uns amongst my lot are all able to pay their own way, now. Or they don't come, simple as.

Canada - British Columbia to see No.1 daughter at Easter.
Cape Town to see No.2 daughter in the summer if No.2 daughter doesn't come to Canada at Easter, otherwise somewhere in Europe, maybe northern France to see the war cemeteries, etc.

I have already read that hence wanting to go!

Reminds me: Turkey holiday people, read Birds without Wings by Louis de Bernieres (which is a brilliant book anyway). Then visit Kayakoy which is a short taxi ride from Olu Deniz. It's very worthwhile.

Where are you staying on Crete Becs ?

I read the Island book before we went to Spinalonga , we were staying in Koutouloufari that time and went on an excursion that took in Spinalonga and Agios Nickolas.

I've seen an all day trip that did both locations and it looked good. I'll find a local company and look at their trips as they're usually better and cheaper than the tour operator ones.

I read the Island book before we went to Spinalonga , we were staying in Koutouloufari that time and went on an excursion that took in Spinalonga and Agios Nickolas.
Love koutouloufari, we've been going for the last 8 years

I've seen an all day trip that did both locations and it looked good. I'll find a local company and look at their trips as they're usually better and cheaper than the tour operator ones.

The best way to do is on your own the. Your not tied. Use the public bus and 1st stop is Ag Nic, change there and then onto the bus for Plaka which takes 20 minutes. plaka is th shortest crossing point and it's a great little village for prenlunch or something after the island. On the return journey check out Ag Nic for annhour before th bus back to Heraklion. Will cost you about 15 euros return but the freedom is must better Han been tied to a timescale

Last edited:

Back