Holding the public to account?

Lets say you had 2 people, both have a cold. You put one of them with another 100 people in a 100 metre room, and the other with 20 people in a 200 metre room.

Everything else being equal, which room do you think would have more total cases of cold, and more per capita?
Clearly not the Ikea room...

They have the highest Nordic infection rates and deaths by far.
One of the highest in Europe as a whole.
There was a lot of pub and restaurants closed during the peak of the pandemic anyways.
They had similar restrictions on care homes as we did.
People were working from home where possible.

60% of the fatalities were in care homes ! We are talking about herd immunity in any case, they've pretty much got as the NE slips back into lock downs & bullshit with no end in sight. But yep, no agenda at play here.

60% of the fatalities were in care homes ! We are talking about herd immunity in any case, they've pretty much got as the NE slips back into lock downs & bullshit with no end in sight. But yep, no agenda at play here.
Herd immunity. Ffs man. You’ve lost it.
It’s f***ing barmy this like. How can you argue that a country has a low infection rate but also has herd immunity.😂🤣🤣 Only 15% percent of the population has had it and 60% of these has died.

Last edited:
Disagree. We saw in March and April how it spiked when left unchecked.

I’m not at risk, but I don’t want to harm people that are.
This is what I don’t get about people’s attitudes, younger people are often on tele saying this, I’m not at risk etc. Nobody knows who this can kill, a small percentage but a percentage never less have died young with no known health issues. I’m 32 with a 10 month old, for all I know I could be ok but my daughter might not be if she got it.

People need to get real that it isn’t always fat or old people that die from this.

The UK has more than it's fair share of Charvers.
It's not just scratters spreading it.
This is what I don’t get about people’s attitudes, younger people are often on tele saying this, I’m not at risk etc. Nobody knows who this can kill, a small percentage but a percentage never less have died young with no known health issues. I’m 32 with a 10 month old, for all I know I could be ok but my daughter might not be if she got it.

People need to get real that it isn’t always fat or old people that die from this.
They won't.

It's not just the dying part either, it's the debilitating after effects some survivors end up with that should be a major concern too.

Last edited:
A bit off topic but this reminds me of the save the planet argument. The reality is the planet is not under threat from climate change or pollution. It will self correct itself over millions and billions of years. What is under threat is us and lots of our fellow species who populate the planet with us. The Planet created the fossil fuels and given enough time it will purge itself of the effects and probably then create some more.

We should take climate change very seriously but dont be so arrogant as to think we are saving the planet. The Planet will be fine, its us you need to worry about.
What a load of shit you’ve just spouted there mind.

Species are going extinct thanks to pollution.

It’s not an argument when it’s backed up by science, it’s a proven fact.

Herd immunity. Ffs man. You’ve lost it.
It’s f***ing barmy this like. How can you argue that a country has a low infection rate but also has herd immunity.😂🤣🤣 Only 15% percent of the population has had it and 60% of these has died.

What?
Sweden population is 10m
15% is 1.5m
Dead is 6,000. 0.4%

Also the Swedes have done studies on T cells which had twice as many with have them than antibodies, so immunity is a lot higher than those who have had it.

Last edited:
What?
Sweden population is 10m
15% is 1.5m
Dead is 6,000. 0.4%

Also the Swedes have done studies on T cells which had twice as many with have them than antibodies, so immunity is a lot higher than those who have had it.

Oh well they are sorted my apologies.

You do realise that Sweden has a landmass that is nearly twice the size of the UK, and an absolutely tiny population by relative comparison? The population of London alone, is almost equivalent to the entire population of Sweden.

You also do realise their population isn't evenly distributed across said landmass?
25% of their population is concentrated in just 3 cities

Someone was too close then removed his mask when speaking to me today, despite me answering his question "I haven't seen you around for months!" with "I've been shielding as I'm vulnerable" 🤦‍♀️
That is something I have seen in supermarkets. While in my local tesco, there are very few customers without a mask, when people see someone they have not seen for a while, they stand and chat with the mask round their chin.

You also do realise their population isn't evenly distributed across said landmass?
25% of their population is concentrated in just 3 cities
Of course, which is about the same here, making it irrelevant. 16% of the UK population lives in 1 city, and that city could house the entire population of Sweden.
His point was that Sweden have hardly had cases. Well by the comparison to us, they haven't had many. But by comparison to us, they're twice the size of us and no bugger lives there.

They've had 6000 deaths, from a population of 10m. We've had 52000 deaths, from a population of 67m.

Last edited:
Rather than point the finger at that eejit Boris for this ongoing mess do you feel at any point we need to hold the people responsible who are continuing to catch & spread this in their thousands?

Now we can all kid ourselves that people can unwittingly catch this in Supermakets etc but it’s glaringly obvious that the vast majority of infections are as a result of people failing to social distance (I feel genuine pity for the people who DO Catch this unwittingly btw).

It seems beyond belief that 6 month after having social distancing and hand washing rammed down our throat 4,000 a day are testing positive (PHE estimate it could be well over double that but due to them being asymptomatic and a lack of testing we dont know).

Until we get a vaccine the longer people keep spreading this shit the longer we have to carry on with masks, restrictions on movement, social distancing, the more businesses are screwed, the travel industry is screwed, The more local lockdowns we have, school closures, job losses, the more fucked the economy gets — It’s that simple.

I know people suffering hardship as a result of some dickhead coming back from Zante infecting people, I know families suffering hardship and misery because of THAT event at Burnside Club. At what point do we hold the great British Public responsible?

It was always the case that we would have to contend with a small number of dickheads. This should have been clear right from the start. The Government should have anticipated this.

The problem is that we have a Government of people who lack real life experience and who come from a narrow privileged background. The world of Burnside Club or holidays to Zante are a alien world to people who grew up with holidays spent at their friends and families villas. Rather than devolve powers to local councils who understand their local populations and could anticipate problems they centralised everything, then awarded contracts to mates in the private sector.

As soon as the Government decided that the rules didn't apply to their mates; Cummings, Jenrick, Johnson Sr, they gave the green light to every dickhead to make themselves an exception too. And then gave those same dickheads a financial incentive to go out for a curry 2 or 3 times a week to make sure they spread it around.

Well quite, it’s all relative

Back