Holding the public to account?

Rather than point the finger at that eejit Boris for this ongoing mess do you feel at any point we need to hold the people responsible who are continuing to catch & spread this in their thousands?

Now we can all kid ourselves that people can unwittingly catch this in Supermakets etc but it’s glaringly obvious that the vast majority of infections are as a result of people failing to social distance (I feel genuine pity for the people who DO Catch this unwittingly btw).

It seems beyond belief that 6 month after having social distancing and hand washing rammed down our throat 4,000 a day are testing positive (PHE estimate it could be well over double that but due to them being asymptomatic and a lack of testing we dont know).

Until we get a vaccine the longer people keep spreading this shit the longer we have to carry on with masks, restrictions on movement, social distancing, the more businesses are screwed, the travel industry is screwed, The more local lockdowns we have, school closures, job losses, the more fucked the economy gets — It’s that simple.

I know people suffering hardship as a result of some dickhead coming back from Zante infecting people, I know families suffering hardship and misery because of THAT event at Burnside Club. At what point do we hold the great British Public responsible?

It's a bit of both, mate. The government has failed in procuring PPE, failed in having the testing and tracing infrastructure in place and failed in protecting the vulnerable such as the elderly who were sent from hospitals into care homes infecting other elderly folk sat like sitting ducks. And, they still can't get the infrastructure in place. But, if you added together the people who don't care and the people who can't work out what 2 metres is, what a white line is and what it's doing there in the first place and the people who forget to do what they're asked; they'd probably come to half of the population. There's an old saying about getting the government you deserve, and looking at it I'd say we're country a ripe for a virus getting out of control from top to bottom. And if anyone thinks I'm exaggerating the proof is there: first time 'round we had more deaths as a percentage of the population than almost every country on this planet. What makes anyone think it will be any different this time round?

OK then fine. If we reduce the spread through being more cautious how will that bring a swifter end to the virus?
I’m not sure if you have read the news tonight but as a result of people NOT being cautious and taking the piss, many of us are about to experience more restrictions, less normal ways to life etc.

Have you had your head in the ground for 6 weeks?

EXAMPLE: Last month people could visit their parents >>> people are taking the piss spreading the virus more and more >>> next month we probably won’t be able to visit loved ones houses.

is there something about that not getting home in your head or....?
Typing like that just makes you look like an absolute bellend
I’m impersonating people who are childish morons and come up with hideous moon man craic about this situation.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if you have read the news tonight but as a result of people NOT being cautious and taking the piss, many of us are about to experience more restrictions, less normal ways to life etc.

Have you had your head in the ground for 6 weeks?

EXAMPLE: Last month people could visit their parents >>> people are taking the piss spreading the virus more and more >>> next month we probably won’t be able to visit loved ones houses.

is there something about that not getting home in your head or....?

I’m impersonating people who are childish morons and come up with hideous moon man craic about this situation.
Bit of a childish thing to do though innit

Do you think allowing people to visit their parents would lead to an increase or a decrease in cases? You still haven't explained how being diligent and stopping the spread of the virus will bring about a 'return to normal.' When we return to normal what do you think will happen to the number of cases?

Do you think allowing people to visit their parents would lead to an increase or a decrease in cases? You still haven't explained how being diligent and stopping the spread of the virus will bring about a 'return to normal.' When we return to normal what do you think will happen to the number of cases?
Are you drunk or something.

When the infection rate and cases were LOWER we had more allowances, more liberties, MORE NORMALITY returned.

Now people are taking the piss and positive cases are going through the roof, we are facing further lockdown measures which reduce a lot of our more normal day to day abilities and habits.

is something about that not hitting home?

Wasting your time mate.. he knows what your asking .. thing is everyone has an opinion on this but on the whole no one has a f***ing clue and Mackem dj is no different .

When the infection rate and cases were LOWER we had more allowances, more liberties, MORE NORMALITY returned.

Now people are taking the piss and positive cases are going through the roof, we are facing further lockdown measures which reduce a lot of our more normal day to day abilities and habits.

Take a look at France.

The point he's making is that alone won't eradicate the virus. So when restrictions get lifted the same shit happens on a 2 or 3 month cycle..

Everyone at home.. cases low

Everyone out.... cases rise

What part of that are you not getting through your f***ing canister.

We need a vaccine I'm sure we agree on that . But tho put people's business, livelihood, mental health and even homes at risk is futile until the vaccine is found... if it ever is.

The point he's making is that alone won't eradicate the virus. So when restrictions get lifted the same shit happens on a 2 or 3 month cycle..

We need a vaccine I'm sure we agree on that . But tho put people's business, livelihood, mental health and even homes at risk is futile until the vaccine is found... if it ever is.

Locking people away is not the answer as you cannot do it with everyone.

... and do you think that this 'normality' would reduce or increase cases?
Further example.
At present peoples parents CAN provide a cerain level of childcare for their kids. Which is MORE NORMAL behaviour.

But because the positive infecrtions are skyward; Shortly the above wont be allowed it seems, Which is LESS normal.

Its like trying to get a 4 yearold to understand :lol:

Which boils back to my original post. Why are people not social distancing. They are prolonging the shit we are in through breaking the rules.

Can you not get that through your canister?

Last edited:
Further example.
At present peoples parents CAN provide a cerain level of childcare for their kids. Which is MORE NORMAL behaviour.

But because the positive infecrtions are skyward; Shortly the above wont be allowed it seems, Which is LESS normal.

Which boils back to my original post. Why are people not social distancing. They are prolonging the shit we are in through breaking the rules.

Why don't you take a break, it seems you need it, Rhodes is still currently fine with no quarantine rules.

Further example.

You have an unfortunate combination of being completely wrong and abusive at the same time. Surely you appreciate that the more freedoms we are granted the more cases will rise.

Lets suppose everyone behaved impeccably as we emerged from lockdown. As a result we are granted more freedom. What will happen to the number of cases? Will they increase or decrease?

Apparently if everyone behaves and follows the guidelines we can go back to normal. We don't even need a vaccine. Who would've thought it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have an unfortunate combination of being completely wrong and abusive at the same time. Surely you appreciate that the more freedoms we are granted the more cases will rise.

Lets suppose everyone behaved impeccably as we emerged from lockdown. As a result we are granted more freedom. What will happen to the number of cases? Will they increase or decrease?

Is that a trick question? :lol:

Back