Hogwarts Legacy

Didn’t realise there were some quests only available depending on the house you’re sorted into.

There’s one quest which sees you visiting Azkaban with the Dementors which is only available if you’re sorted into Hufflepuff for some reason.

Apparently Ravenclaw has the fewest extra quests, but the longest, and Gryffindor has the most extra quests but they’re shorter.
Well I know which house I'm going in then!

theres four houses yeah but you only need to get to the map room part in all four if you're arsed about the platinum which I dont think I will be with this tbh. Looks like too much stuff to get through

I will be playing two saves at once. One with the bairn who I assume will pick Gryffindor then I'll pick another one on my own save. Will see how it goes as to whether I go back for the other two.

First thing I haven't enjoyed is searching for all those bloody demiguise statues.

Tedious AF even using internet guides - I've enjoyed figuring everything else out for myself but that would have taken forever.

Got the first unforgivable curse and now I wish I'd joined slitherin because I'm definitely going full evil 😂

Honestly - don't go Hufflepuff just for that quest - it's beautifully done and the Dementors are fab - but it's a corridor walk and a cutscene essentially.
I realised after I put that comment I could just watch it on YouTube, which I did.

Lovely scene and the dementors do look class, but all it is just seems to be walking for that scene, don’t even get to cast a patronus.

Hopefully the DLC or sequel has the dementors involved more because they did look class in the cut scene.

I reckon it’s Slytherin for me.

The game is unreal mind. I'm not a massive Harry Potter fan, watched the films, never read the books. But I quite enjoyed the films even though they were after my time and as such I was looking forward to the game.

It hasn't failed to disappoint, the graphics and detail are awesome, I love wandering around Hogwarts and seeing staircases move, walls opening, ghosts appearing, pictures moving and that's just randomly, it's not even necessarily part of the quest or a cutscene.

I hope they continue to add to it, it's a hell of a game so far.

Am i the only one that thinks the map and fast travel thingies are confusing as fuck?

The map isn't the best, especially the Hogwarts one, unsure how they could improve it though as Hogwarts seems the size of a large virtual city :lol:

Last edited:
It would be mint if there was an option for a co-op. I'm not really that arsed about multiplayer battle royals or whatever these days but would be class mooching around with a mate, chatting whilst enjoying the graphics, broomsticking, solving puzzles and taking out goblins etc.

It would be mint if there was an option for a co-op. I'm not really that arsed about multiplayer battle royals or whatever these days but would be class mooching around with a mate, chatting whilst enjoying the graphics, broomsticking, solving puzzles and taking out goblins etc.
Yup it would be fabulous 😍

Been following this thread as I fancied this game, but the points you have raised its whats putting me off

Honestly mate, get it, it shouldn't put you off as single player is brilliant as well.

Have you been allowed to have a go yet? :lol:
Nope 😂 little bugger was just trying to breed some bloody thestrals, he was using confringo to blast one back in the pen as he thought there should have been 2 in there ffs.
I will get a go, I may just have to be sneaky 😜
Been following this thread as I fancied this game, but the points you have raised its whats putting me off
Seriously get it man, it's amazing 🤩

Last edited:
How are people getting on with this? Just done the second rockwood trial.
Was getting my ass handed to me first time I tried it so had to quit, upgrade the gear and make a load of potions and it was dead easy then.

How are people getting on with this? Just done the second rockwood trial.
Was getting my ass handed to me first time I tried it so had to quit, upgrade the gear and make a load of potions and it was dead easy then.
The bairn has finished the main storyline, he's now working through all the side stuff and will probably start again with another house soon.

Two minor criticisms: I find the controls little clunky, especially using the control sticks to move your character and the camera around. Also, the voice acting is very hammy.

Back