Hogwarts Legacy

Bought it last Monday.

Been busy over the long weekend so not managed to play it as much as I'd intended, been on it a bit more today.

The combat is bags of fun, overall presentation/graphics is class but I'm feeling a tad underwhelmed by it all in all honesty, story and tasks all seem a bit rinse and repeat.

Shame Qudditch isn't on it too.

Hoping they at least release it as a DLC, inter hogwarts cup and a world cup in one DLC would be class.

Last edited:

Bought it last Monday.

Been busy over the long weekend so not managed to play it as much as I'd intended, been on it a bit more today.

The combat is bags of fun, overall presentation/graphics is class but I'm feeling a tad underwhelmed by it all in all honesty, story and tasks all seem a bit rinse and repeat.

Shame Qudditch isn't on it too.

Hoping they at least release it as a DLC, inter hogwarts cup and a world cup in one DLC would be class.
I didn’t mind the quidditch not being there myself but did find it really weird that they inserted some bullshit reason into the story for why it wasn’t there!

"Finished" it yesterday. Good but not great. I don't feel cheated for the money. Might go back later and do the side quests and what have you, but it was all feeling a bit repetitive.

Finished it, every main and side quest. Loved it at first, but got repetitive after a while. Once I had all of the spells I barely spent any time at hogwarts, didnt feel like a hogwarts student, it felt like a clone of any other RPG. It had the potential to be so much more but it feels like they really phoned it in in the second half of the game.

I picked the "Evil" ending and didnt even realise prof Fig had died until they were in the great hall talking about how much he would be missed. If you pick the good ending he gets a whole death scene, but evil ending they couldnt be arsed writing an alternative death scene so he just gets squashed with a big rock, blink and youll miss it. Felt incredibly lazy and disappointing for the final quest

Aye I’ve sunk about 36 hours into it now. Feel like I’m not far off the end but haven’t played it for about a week. Loved it at first but it gets very repetitive. Even the combat feels repetitive and boring after a while. Then the missions are usually “go to cave” and fight wizards or spiders.

Don’t get me started on how irritating the Merlin Trials are.

Still a very enjoyable game though. I’m glad I bought it and don’t feel like I’ve been ripped off.

Some of the fanservicey bits I've enjoyed:

1. The Deathly Hallows themed quest - Niamh Fitzgeralds? The best of the lot
  2. Binns teaching History while you try and stay awake
  3. Meeting the girl that wants bubotubers to cure acne
  4. Toujours Pur being the password for the head's office
  5. Seeing the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy opposite the room of requirement

Got it when it was first released, absolutely amazing game, but haven't played it for about 6 weeks. Any new downloadable content or anything new expected to drop?

Managed to get the platinum for this, thought it was fantastic for the majority. Some side quests are a bit tedious after a while, but I suppose that's expected if going for trophies.

Hoping for some DLC or some plans for a HL2, they'd be daft not to based on the sales for this one

Well I’ve finally finished the main quest and all of the side missions. It’s such a shame that my OCD means I have to now “clear the map” and find all the treasure chests, bandit camps and field guide pages. :cry:

Finished all the merlin trials last night. Just need to get the rest of the conjuration items and landing platforms. Then fly through the early game to get the map chamber again 3 times with the other houses to finish up l the achievements., hopefully just a couple of hours for each run.

Class game, although I'm a big Potter fan so could be biased :)

I’ve just gotta find 2 more field guide pages in Hogwarts and a few collection chests and it’s done 100% and I can concentrate on Resi 4.

I spent about 3 hours on it last night trying to find everything. I was absolutely fed up by the end. :lol:

Back