Hoffman

Thought he was much better today.

Although I still dont think he's very good at dominating the box by claiming crosses etc

Goalkeeper in doing his job shocker. If not for their keeper we could have been 10 ahead too

Unlikely. We’d have to have 10 shots on target for that to happen. I recall him making 1 save, Gooch at near post, which is fairly route. Hoffman made at least 2 exceptional saves.
Goalkeeper in doing his job shocker. If not for their keeper we could have been 10 ahead too

Unlikely. We’d have to have 10 shots on target for that to happen. I recall him making 1 save, Gooch at near post, which is fairly route. Hoffman made at least 2 exceptional saves.

McGeadys shot at the front post. Stewart header. For starters.

Looked okay. Nothing more for me. Still a lot to show and to come I hope. Good save first half on the header. Seemed to end up on the floor from a throw in first half but didn’t get to the ball so dunno what happened there. Obviously nowt he could do on the penna.

What annoys me is that he kept kicking the ball back to them. At the end he kicked it straight through to their keeper and they came back up and got a penna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that’s two - certainly not ten
“For starters”
The way I see them is would I be disappointed if they didn’t save it.

Cairns’ were good saves but I’d expect him to save them. Hoffman made 2 that I thought were definite goals. It’s a game of opinions, but fleetwood had the better chances for me.
You’d expect him to make that save from McGeady? Very high standards you kid

“For starters”

You’d expect him to make that save from McGeady? Very high standards you kid
Well, he made one more save than that, given we had five shots on target and scored twice. So, three. Yeah, two for starters, but three - not ten.
You’re right, though. If he hadn’t made any saves, we’d have won

Harsh that. Their keeper had a good game also tipped the mcgeady shot over the bar which was flying in the top corner and was out quickly sweeping up a few times Stewart was trying to get in behind.

I'd have given him an 8-8.5 today..............Burge has made this score once he had to save two penalties to do so. Brave, great distribution and a couple of cracking saves

Back