HMS Queen Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it takes is one cruise missile to get through the defences and a 3 billion pound warship is scuppered. All very well and good launching bombing raids against rag tag terrorists, but against a nation with advanced missile technology I have my doubts over these big lumbering warships.
Which is why you have the type 45's, to detect and destroy ballistic missiles.
Don't look at HMS QE in isolation, it will never be deployed alone.

Which is why you have the type 45's, to detect and destroy ballistic missiles.
Don't look at HMS QE in isolation, it will never be deployed alone.
I fully understand that but the Russians have missile technologies that are difficult to defend against, even with the best defences.

Reality is against the big boys like china or the russia we are just cannon fodder.
At sea?
Aircraft carriers are essential for any navy that wants to be a power. The Russian and Chinese aircraft carriers are very dated, ours is state of the art. The Russians and Chinese would struggle in comparison with Britain with logistics to fight battles away from home.

I fully understand that but the Russians have missile technologies that are difficult to defend against, even with the best defences.
Or so they say.. It also wouldn't be a cruise missile.
You could have the same argument about any potential threat though. 'Oh but if so and so gets past the defences then we're fucked.'

Sails into Pompey for the first time tomorrow morning, on the morning tide.
A proud day for our sadly depleted RN.

Wonderful proud vessel, Joey, just like the lads who ,like yourself ,put their lives in jeopardy for the scrotes who infest this site.

Great dredging job to to get her in, any word on the skull?
Not Roker Mick I hope.

Fully operational in 2021 I hear, after trials and stuff.

Best of luck mate, money well spent.

Keeping all of us safe marra.

At sea?
Aircraft carriers are essential for any navy that wants to be a power. The Russian and Chinese aircraft carriers are very dated, ours is state of the art. The Russians and Chinese would struggle in comparison with Britain with logistics to fight battles away from home.
China is only just finished building her first aircraft carrier

All it takes is one cruise missile to get through the defences and a 3 billion pound warship is scuppered. All very well and good launching bombing raids against rag tag terrorists, but against a nation with advanced missile technology I have my doubts over these big lumbering warships.
Which is why there is multiple layers of defensive systems which stretch hundreds of miles.

Part of the reason we are investing in laser weapons.

Impressive piece of kit. Any bloke who thinks otherwise must have played with his sister's Barbie doll when he was a bairn.

Tinypic winnit let me upload a pic like.
I don't think that many barbie playing bearded blokes would argue that this isn't 'impressive kit'.

However I would personally think that MRI scanners for instance are even more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back