HMRC Recruitment - Security Checks

Nookie Bear

Winger
I know a couple of people mentioned they had joined recently - I am wondering how long it takes on average for all the security , reference etc etc checks to be completed ? Trying to get an idea of a rough timeline for where I'm contracting at the mo so they can be a bit prepared

I know a couple of people mentioned they had joined recently - I am wondering how long it takes on average for all the security , reference etc etc checks to be completed ? Trying to get an idea of a rough timeline for where I'm contracting at the mo so they can be a bit prepared

Are you going permanent or contracting?

Took me 9 months from my interview to my first day. Absolutel
If you mean grade 7 then you’ll just be on the basic check most likely. It should state the security clearance level on the job advert

Aye it’s grade 7 , says basic security checks so hopefully once I get everything filled in the process won’t take long. Just wanting to do right by where I’m at at the moment , said I wanted to work a months notice even though only a week in contract but they’re keen to get a rough idea of when I’ll be actually handing notice in

Thanks everyone

Aye it’s grade 7 , says basic security checks so hopefully once I get everything filled in the process won’t take long. Just wanting to do right by where I’m at at the moment , said I wanted to work a months notice even though only a week in contract but they’re keen to get a rough idea of when I’ll be actually handing notice in

Thanks everyone

Bare in mind that often when checks are complete you can still wait an eternity for the actual job to start. Unless they've sorted their shit out in recent years that is.

Thanks everyone

Canny. What dept. you joining?

Canny. What dept. you joining?

CDIO Finance , hope I like it - great opportunity to get some years in with decent pension before retirement and told them all about my health issues too. Got a couple of friends who have left teaching etc to join in last few years and they’ve said encouraging things so I’m nervously excited for the new challenge

As long as they don’t search @Wilfy you’ll be fine x

One arrest for trying to enter a sports ground while intoxicated , and he has a better credit history than me but should be ok thankfully !!

CDIO Finance , hope I like it - great opportunity to get some years in with decent pension before retirement and told them all about my health issues too. Got a couple of friends who have left teaching etc to join in last few years and they’ve said encouraging things so I’m nervously excited for the new challenge

One arrest for trying to enter a sports ground while intoxicated , and he has a better credit history than me but should be ok thankfully !!

One of the best areas to be in. Congrats.

Can't blame him for that ffs, he was pissed so wasn't thinking straight!

:lol:

Hope you enjoy it mate, I have a love hate relationship with that department at the minute Haha. You going to be based at BPV?

Back