HMRC - newcastle city centre

Newcastle City that's already full to bursting! It takes our lass over an hour just to get on to the felling by-pass when she's finished work, it's mental. There are so many locations that are far more suitable for projects like that.

Plus do they not already have something at long benton? HMRC was a lot better in the days you had lots of dedicated areas with well trained staff.

I see Jamie Reuben has already tweeted about it to get the puppets dancing. They believe it’s creating 9k new jobs for the region and that it’s happening because of the takeover.

Slack-jawed, credulous imbeciles :lol:
They have just recently booted out/out to boot out 6.5K from longbenton

Edit

They have just recently booted out/out to boot out 6.5K from longbenton

Edit

That’s precisely the point. It’s movement of jobs within the region which were planned before the takeover.

Anything for that sportswashing kudos though.

Newcastle City that's already full to bursting! It takes our lass over an hour just to get on to the felling by-pass when she's finished work, it's mental. There are so many locations that are far more suitable for projects like that.
There's nowhere more suitable in the North East than the centre of it's biggest city with the best transport connections going. This is exactly what the country needs more of, not these soulless out of town retail parks.

Its been on the card for years. The Benton Park site will be worth a fortune to a housing developer. I think this means the end of the Newcastle stack, or at least thats what I was told a couple of weeks ago

There's nowhere more suitable in the North East than the centre of it's biggest city with the best transport connections going. This is exactly what the country needs more of, not these soulless out of town retail parks.
While i do agree to that to some extent, i dont think the infrastructure in newcastle can take much more.

Its a ball ache getting in and out on the roads, the busses are full and the metros are dropping to bits.

The whole infrastructure in the north east has been left to stagnate and it doesn't seem fit for purpose. Unless you are travelling outside of work hours.

Last edited:
On the traffic point mind, I’d expect most will be expected to use public transport and it’ll do wonders for the residential streets around Longbenton and Gosforth which were a nightmare at times before the pandemic.

Back