HMRC - Child tax benefit charge

The people in charge of HMRC's tax policy would not be able to count up how many stomachs that is

I watched one of those Parliamentary Select Committee things a few years back, when they were grilling the big accountancy firms about the tax avoidance schemes they were coming up with for their clients. Turned out one of the blokes who was instrumental in formulating the schemes had been assisting the government in writing their tax policy! Must have been laughing his cap off when planning loopholes to exploit!

So I get a letter today to say I may have to pay a child tax benefit charge!!!

How the fuck can various government depertments be so disjointed? One give me money, the other fucker wants to take some of it back in tax...why cant they just decide not to give me as much child benefit in the first place, cut down on admin and cost?

Oh, and another thing why cant they make forms and instructions easy to understand, I'm not a daft bloke, but its a struggle to understand any of the instructions!

f***ing *****, rant over, had to get it off my fat titted chest!

This happened to me...........the sh*ts

As an aside it’s an absolutely ridiculous tax. A couple could earn 60k and not be entitled to any child benefit if only one of them earns the 60k but on the other hand a couple could earn, say 90k, each of them 45k each, and be entitled to the full child benefit

As an aside it’s an absolutely ridiculous tax. A couple could earn 60k and not be entitled to any child benefit if only one of them earns the 60k but on the other hand a couple could earn, say 90k, each of them 45k each, and be entitled to the full child benefit

You're right. £60k combined should be enough. Nobody asked them to have kids.

Back