HMP Durham - Channel 4 - 9 pm tonight

Friend at works hubby was a prison officer just been medically retired after a bad attack by inmates...second such assault.

Not a job would / could do for any money :eek:

Friend at works hubby was a prison officer just been medically retired after a bad attack by inmates...second such assault.

Not a job would / could do for any money :eek:

I've spoken to Prison Officers. I can't honestly see why anyone would find that line of work appealing.
The kind of shit they have to put up with is ridiculous.

Chicken Rogan-Wooooosh for tea

Quiet you.

havent they privatised the prison guard services? or is that another prison?

read something a while back saying it was a private company who got a contract, and subsequently put 1 or 2 guards on shifts where there used to be 7 or 8. cue hell on constantly and prisoners running the place

well done you Tory bastards

read something a while back saying it was a private company who got a contract, and subsequently put 1 or 2 guards on shifts where there used to be 7 or 8. cue hell on constantly and prisoners running the place

:lol:

G4S happened under a labour government, but whatever.

I've spoken to Prison Officers. I can't honestly see why anyone would find that line of work appealing.
The kind of shit they have to put up with is ridiculous.

Quiet you.
Once upon a time it when there was plenty staff to control the jail & the potential to earn a half decent wage it wasn't a bad job.

Now with the increase in drugs, the radicalisation of prisoners and new joiners starting on about 18k, it sounds like a f***ing nightmare.

The reduction in numbers isn't limited to private prisons unfortunately.

Once upon a time it when there was plenty staff to control the jail & the potential to earn a half decent wage it wasn't a bad job.

Now with the increase in drugs, the radicalisation of prisoners and new joiners starting on about 18k, it sounds like a f***ing nightmare.

The reduction in numbers isn't limited to private prisons unfortunately.

how much are brickies on?

one time over, this was (i'd suspect) a 'screw's prison'.

i'd imagine that many of the old school types of officers have retired and as has been said, lower wages and fast tracked through the training and what not, isn't getting the quality that is required.

had about 3 months on the induction wing, about 6 years ago. the cleaning officer had raging OCD. don't think I've worked so hard, from morning until night. :lol:

Last edited:

Back