Hitchcock movies

It was on the telly again, on an afternoon, possibly last year iirc.
SOAD isn't shown on telly, as often as some of his other classics, like Vertigo; Rear Window, North by North West & Dial M for Murder, which is a pity, as it's a great film imo.
I haven't seen it televised. Mine's the old teal blue DVD cover, individually released
Hitchcock collection, from nineteen o-blank.

It's the old gadgy from Brewster's Millions and Cocoon he trades made-up murder methods with round the dinner table.

I haven't seen it televised. Mine's the old teal blue DVD cover, individually released
Hitchcock collection, from nineteen o-blank.

It's the old gadgy from Brewster's Millions and Cocoon he trades made-up murder methods with round the dinner table.
It was last screened on BBC2 on Friday, 11th November, at midday, back in 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for Rear Window here.

On a slightly different level, used to love Alec Guinness films aswell when I was younger

Nee shouts for Notorious yet? Superb fillum. Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. Also Suspicion where he plays a complete dick to his wife and you’re left wondering if he really was trying to kill her.
I didn’t like The Birds coz there’s no conclusion or xplanation, they just drive off in the end. I didn’t like Rear Window coz I was expecting twist but it was Ironside all along.

Misssssster Kaplan we really are growing rather tired of your childish games. First the Madison Avenue executive, then the bumbling oaf on a football message board and then the outraged victim wrongly accused of murrrrrderrrrrr. And now you play - the peevish loverrrrrrr. It strikes me you people could do with a little less training from the FBI and a little more from the Actors’ Studio!

Doris was criminally overlooked for an Oscar nod in that film imho (unless you are talking about the 1934 version?) Doris and James Stewart were so natural together. Apparently she was concerned about a lack of direction from Hitch, only to be told if she was doing something wrong she'd hear about it.
She's a proper star in it.
Look out for the kid plugging his ears before the gun goes off.

It was on the telly again, on an afternoon, possibly last year iirc.

SOAD isn't shown on telly, as often as some of his other classics, like Vertigo; Rear Window, North by North West & Dial M for Murder, which is a pity, as it's a great film imo.

Dial M for Murder is another favourite of mine.
Dial M for Murder is class, love it.

No mention of Torn Curtain?
I've only seen it once about 20 years ago so maybe I have to revisit it.
I remember Torn Curtain being very watchable, not least because it has Paul Newman as the lead. There are great moments such as the silent murder scene.
But ultimately, for me, it didn't quite fit together. Newman and Julie Andrews didn't have the chemistry of Grant & Saint or Stewart & Novak.
They also heavily explain the McGuffin. Which, given the whole point of the McGuffin, is a bit odd.

So many good ones

Vertigo
Rear Window

Psycho
Rope
Spellbound
North by North West

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956 version)
The Thirty Nine Steps
Strangers on a Train
Rebecca

The Lady Vanishes
Marnie
Suspicion
The Saboteur
To Catch a Thief

I'd recommend all of those (favourites in bold), and most ahead of the much overrated The Birds.

Back