Hisense Televisions

When i worked in the industry Panasonic was always leading and believe they still are. Units were like tanks. Samsung were always just slightly behind but not by far. These two always seemed to be ahead of everyone else in terms of quality.
Ive had a samsung 42 plasma thats now 12 year old and still going. Just upgraded to a 65 samsung so hoping that lasts another 12 as well
My dad has a Pioneer Kuro that is years old. It is a fabulous TV and even, somehow, manages to make standard definition broadcasts look half decent, something I've rarely seen matched on TVs far more modern. Didn't Panasonic work with or buy them out or something?

My dad has a Pioneer Kuro that is years old. It is a fabulous TV and even, somehow, manages to make standard definition broadcasts look half decent, something I've rarely seen matched on TVs far more modern. Didn't Panasonic work with or buy them out or something?

Not too sure. I worked closely with a pana service centre who basically fixed all sorts. At one point they were all made in turkey near enough. Cant for the life remember the company who manufactured them. Pana would use samsung boards/screens, sony would use pana screens. Some models were mish mashed but over all panas were class

My Sony android one used to turn itself on and off when I first got it. Stopped happening after a firmware update.

Most tvs turn themselves on through the night, little power up and then down. Our samsung does it as it clicks when powering on. Screen comes on in black for 30 secs and then off. Colleague said its when it checks for updates

I’m looking for a new 55 inch tele, would Samsung be my best bet? Want a decent spec.

There was a 55 sammie in currys recently for around 600. We paid an extra 120 for the 65". Its 4k smart and the like. Love ours now and cant think of what we used to watch when we had the 42.

Last edited:
I had one in my mansion in Outer Mongolia, I agree.
It was the TV manufacturer of choice over there, a third world hell hole, and yet they were still shite. Playing a game it was incredibly difficult as the difference between pressing a button and the event occurring on screen was enormous.

It was the TV manufacturer of choice over there, a third world hell hole, and yet they were still shite. Playing a game it was incredibly difficult as the difference between pressing a button and the event occurring on screen was enormous.
Recent model or older one? Use it pretty often for playing PS4, watching Amazon and Netflix and the like. Can't say I've noticed any issue.

Got an Argos special Hisense, about 7 months in now - cracking for the money (350 ish) and 12months interest free on the Argos card. Heard about the refresh (and yeah, its not the fastest spec sheet wise) but can't say I've noticed, OTOH its mainly forza horizon gaming wise so not a huge stress test.

Recent model or older one? Use it pretty often for playing PS4, watching Amazon and Netflix and the like. Can't say I've noticed any issue.
I've no idea, to be honest. It was still boxed when I moved in but, in fairness, could have been sat in the apartment for months knowing how things function over there.

Back