His dark materials.

I was a bit worried that the inclusion of Will a book too early was going to ruin it, but it's set it up nicely for the second series.

It works if you have read the books. However my wife (who hasn't) is completely confused by it and is loosing patience because she can't see how all this really fits into the story. It would have been fine if they put the Will stuff in the last couple of episodes but to weave a tiny part of book 2 into the whole first series was a mistake.

I was a bit worried that the inclusion of Will a book too early was going to ruin it, but it's set it up nicely for the second series.
I’ve only read the first book so I’ve spent the past couple of episodes wondering what the hell that was all about. Not seen last nights episode yet, so no spoilers please...

In the book she falls into a big snowdrift which breaks the fall. It's not very believable however since there are flying witches and talking bears...
Well at least there's some explanation. On the telly she just gets up and apart from a pain in her stomach (a broken rib? A stitch? Trapped wind from swallowing too much air on the way down?) is right as rain.

Enjoying it, haven't seen the last one yet.
The actor who plays Farder Coram is outstanding.
I usually loathe child actors but the wee lass who plays Lyra is tremendous anarl.
Iorick for the win like.

love bairns stuff you lot like :lol: bet ya getting ya costumes sorted for the new star wars & i bet there is a huge thread about that also, baffling from adults tbh

Just having another try at this as I usually enjoy the genre but I'm on to episode 5 & still haven't managed to watch one right through yet without getting distracted.

I quite like the genre but thought, influenced by the war of the worlds adaptation, that this would be shit so was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. A rare family program where my wife, me and the boy really liked it.

Back