Hip replacement

ChrisK

Midfield
Try to remember that the hip is new but the surrounding muscle, tissue and bone are the same old items.
Go easy, you’ve nothing to prove.
I was about 15lbs over weight prior and cut that in half before the op. Continued after op and am now at 155 with 17% bf. Not as muscular as I would like but arthritis and age are telling me to ‘go easy Poppy’.
My post op friend was an elliptical machine. Workouts now are mostly stretching, walking and biking.
Had Op yesterday lunchtime and getting discharged this afternoon.
Was so anxious pre op but it was fine went really well and hip pain I had is now gone.
Recovery starts now
so glad I had it done spoke to a lot of people who have suffered for years with knee and hip pain I would highly recommend get it sorted ASAP if possible don’t suffer 👍

Was so anxious pre op but it was fine went really well and hip pain I had is now gone.
Recovery starts now
so glad I had it done spoke to a lot of people who have suffered for years with knee and hip pain I would highly recommend get it sorted ASAP if possible don’t suffer 👍
Wishing you a speedy recovery but don't push it. 👍

Zweiguys

Full Back
Recovery starts now
How’s that new hip? Feeling better I hope.

ChrisK

Midfield
How’s that new hip? Feeling better I hope.
Woke up yesterday and tried to move my leg was very painful around thigh area think the Op anaesthetic must of fully worn off so got the meds in and felt ok by lunchtime need to keep the painkillers going tho
Been doing the physio stuff and it feels good the old hip pain I had has totally gone early days but I feel confident it is going to be good 👍

Zweiguys

Full Back
Are you permitted to walk? If so, a short walk a few times per day will keep things limbered up and will keep your heart pumping. Mine was done in the colder weather so I did laps around my house indoors. Most of all, listen to it. If it’s saying “I’m sore”, take a break.
Best of luck to you and hope you have a smooth recovery.

ChrisK

Midfield
Are you permitted to walk? If so, a short walk a few times per day will keep things limbered up and will keep your heart pumping. Mine was done in the colder weather so I did laps around my house indoors. Most of all, listen to it. If it’s saying “I’m sore”, take a break.
Best of luck to you and hope you have a smooth recovery.
Yeah am up on the sticks also doing laps around the house 👍