Hip Hop SMB fans

Eminem was better before he died and was replaced by a clone: Eminem dead: Is this proof rapper died years ago?

I never really listened to rap after about 92 and thought it was all shite, but I've started listening to some UK hip hop (via my son) recently.
Loyle carner, mouse project, coops, 2nd exit, concept of thought, and its not bad. Quite chilled jazz hop.
Actually at my age I prefer it to my old UK artists, blade, hardnoise, gunshot, RRA, silver bullet, overlord x (though 14 days in May is arguably the best UK hip hop track ever) who I now find a bit too loud tbh.
I know very little about the UK scene, but I’ve loved everything The Allergies have released (Bristol instrumental hip-hop/funk duo who bring in guest rappers for a lot of their tracks - ex Ugly Duckling Andy Cooper appears with them a lot). If you aren’t already familiar with them I strongly suggest you check them out.

Last edited:
Another shout for G-Funk.

One of the best parts of rap/hip hop is hearing a sample and going back to listen to the original. I’ve ended up listening to and enjoying some stuff that would have passed me by otherwise.

With regards to Eminem, he was at his best on some of Infinite, The Slim shady LP and Marshall Mathers albums but after that he became very bland. I saw him live in 2003 and he was brilliant but once he stopped taking gear and became his boring self it showed that we’d preferred the character he was playing in the early years.

It always amazes me when the hop hop threads start on here and nobody ever mentions Biggie. IMO he was the best story teller, battle rapper and general lyricist of all time. Only just above Rakim.

Eminem was better before he died and was replaced by a clone: Eminem dead: Is this proof rapper died years ago?

I know very little about the UK scene, but I’ve loved everything The Allergies have released (Bristol instrumental hip-hop/funk duo who bring in guest rappers for a lot of their tracks - ex Ugly Duckling Andy Cooper appears with them a lot). If you aren’t already familiar with them I strongly suggest you check them out.
Listening to them now.
Really good.
Reminds me a bit of brand new heavies album they did with a collaborative of different artists,' heavy rhyme experience' , but with a bit more energy.
Cheers marra

P-Funk's the one; Quik and pirus.

Rza had to have mic #1 like didn't he; though I thought his was a good volume and could've needed the sound boosting, conversely. :)
- Pity Chef wasn't with them.

Another shout for G-Funk.

One of the best parts of rap/hip hop is hearing a sample and going back to listen to the original. I’ve ended up listening to and enjoying some stuff that would have passed me by otherwise.

With regards to Eminem, he was at his best on some of Infinite, The Slim shady LP and Marshall Mathers albums but after that he became very bland. I saw him live in 2003 and he was brilliant but once he stopped taking gear and became his boring self it showed that we’d preferred the character he was playing in the early years.

It always amazes me when the hop hop threads start on here and nobody ever mentions Biggie. IMO he was the best story teller, battle rapper and general lyricist of all time. Only just above Rakim.

Love Biggie, best story telling tracks are Warning and Suicidal Thoughts

I never really listened to rap after about 92 and thought it was all shite, but I've started listening to some UK hip hop (via my son) recently.
Loyle carner, mouse project, coops, 2nd exit, concept of thought, and its not bad. Quite chilled jazz hop.
Actually at my age I prefer it to my old UK artists, blade, hardnoise, gunshot, RRA, silver bullet, overlord x (though 14 days in May is arguably the best UK hip hop track ever) who I now find a bit too loud tbh.
:cool:

Been a massive Hip Hop fan since the early 80's DJ'd the music for decades and know all types of Hip Hop genre. The tune I post is a true masterpiece and one of the best Hip Hop tunes ever made. 9.20 minutes of pure perfection of Hip Hop, light and dark in essence and proper underground!!

Anyone who really knows the score about Hip Hop, enjoy!!

:cool:

Love it all (apart from g-funk and trap/drill-style nonsense). UK stuff is up there now too, Ocean Wisdom my current favourite.
don't listen to a lot of uk stuff but there are some amazing artists out there like sonnyjim. got the two albums he did with vic Spencer which are sublime.

The four part Wu documentary from earlier this year is great for anyone that hasn't seen it. One of the best doc series I've seen about a music act.

The first song from the EP they released for it is still one of my favourite songs of the year. It's the best Ghost has sounded in ages.

Back