Hip Hop SMB fans

houst69

Striker
used to love Eminem back in the day, his first 3 albums were superb.

Just had a listen to his latest album Kamikazee and it’s terrible, this new fast rapping style is shocking.

I never really listened to rap after about 92 and thought it was all shite, but I've started listening to some UK hip hop (via my son) recently.
Loyle carner, mouse project, coops, 2nd exit, concept of thought, and its not bad. Quite chilled jazz hop.
Actually at my age I prefer it to my old UK artists, blade, hardnoise, gunshot, RRA, silver bullet, overlord x (though 14 days in May is arguably the best UK hip hop track ever) who I now find a bit too loud tbh.

Probably. They seem to list everyone as hiphop though (Will Smith for example).
Will Smith is hip hop.
Long before he was an actor.
Fresh Prince and jazzy Jeff. Bought his record in about 88? He's the dj I'm the rapper.
Girls ain't nothing but trouble / parents don't understand and nightmare on my strert were fairly OK!
His pop rap was after he started acting

Last edited:
I never really listened to rap after about 92 and thought it was all shite, but I've started listening to some UK hip hop (via my son) recently.
Loyle carner, mouse project, coops, 2nd exit, concept of thought, and its not bad. Quite chilled jazz hop.
Actually at my age I prefer it to my old UK artists, blade, hardnoise, gunshot, RRA, silver bullet, overlord x (though 14 days in May is arguably the best UK hip hop track ever) who I now find a bit too loud tbh.
Aye,my son is into some canny stuff which seems to cross over to other stuff grime ,hip hop,rap into more chilled spacey stuff ,Skepta ,denzil curry,xxxtentacion,japanese chill stuff .He took my Thundercat and flying lotus cd's off me

Back