Hiking Boots

Discussion in 'SMB' started by __howdy__, Oct 11, 2018.

1. duff_man

duff_man Striker

It depends entirely upon what you want to use them for, just walking or a bit scrambling thrown in, summer only or 3 or 4 season, are you likely to use crampons?

2. El Matador

El Matador Striker

Waterproof, good sole, nice fit and lightweight is what you need. They haven't got to be "label" name.
    Having said that these look like a bargain.
    https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/deta...VUOh3Ch2PUQUwEAQYBCABEgLCmPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

3. legolas'coolerbrother

legolas'coolerbrother Central Defender

Brasher were that good they were taken over by Berghaus. Their Fellmaster range are the same spec and superb value for money. Loved my Salomon Gore Tex as well

QUOTE from earlier on:
    I have Berghaus Ridgemaster gortex lined. My second pair. Comfortable and not too heavy.

darius and RestlessNatives like this.
  4. El Matador

El Matador Striker

If you're actually going to be hiking go for boots, you need ankle support.

5. Beaker

Beaker Winger

I've got a pair of Scarpa Trex GTX's - Outstanding boots, as comfortable as wearing slippers. Think I spent about £120 - £150 on them but they've been worth every penny so far. I've just kept them in good nick with a tube of HS12 cream and they're like new despite being through many a peat bog, my feet haven't been wet once.

Makem57 likes this.
  6. Spike

Spike Reserve Squad

I have those and find them a bit slippy on wet rocks, I just bought them a couple of months ago and have had them out on a few fell walks and found them to be a canny lethal in the wet on rocks, very slightly losing traction sometimes

Otherwise decent boots though, they look good and are very comfortable

7. APepper8

APepper8 Midfield

8. Why go outdoors when he can buy them on the interweb?

9. wilka88

wilka88 Midfield

So he can try them on comfort etc

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  10. PTID

PTID Subs Bench

Always used Brasher, and served me well. Looking at getting some new boots myself. Think I will try Scarpa this time around.

These Mens Terra GTX Boot 2018

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  11. Scarpa have recently amalgamated with the Serbian footwear firm called Bojit.

12. Kevj

Kevj Winger

My boots are about done and I’m looking for a new set ready for winter. Like the look of the Mammut Trovit GTX. Need to try a set on.

13. skybo

skybo Reserve Squad

Try the Altberg factory on Richmond Ind. Estate. They measure your feet and recommend the type of boots you need.
    It's very popular with squaddies from Catterick Garrison. Had a pair from there for 8 years now and still going strong

Claude and Mancini like this.
  14. Beaker

Beaker Winger

These are what I have - Just not 2018 ones.

Absolutely spot on.

15. raindog

raindog Winger

Skandhaless and Kevj like this.
  16. Reynolds still there ? Pleased to hear that . I wonder if it is actually the Renolds family that run it . Got both me lasses tackled up in there. Happy times .

17. Kevj

Kevj Winger

A mate of mine had a set of them. I had a set of Goretex Matterhorns at the time. Could stand in a stream and have dry feet. Excellent bit of kit.

raindog likes this.
  18. Yeah it's a massive place bearing in mind the location. Yeah, still in the Reynolds family

DisillusionedOldGit likes this.
  19. My current byuts are Berghaus they started falling apart the first time I used them . I had Scarpa before them and they were crap as well . I am told that Altberg and Miendle are the best that regular blerks can afford .

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018