Highest death rate in the world

Awful and horrific, the starting point was the key in IMO, when the whole world was getting ready the UK were doing absolutely nothing.

Shocking incompetence.

Looking at Roker beach in a photograph on Facebook, the other day when it was really cold with intermittent snow there were more people on that beach than I am used to seeing there on a summers day, and the amount of people still running here there and everywhere and posting their lovely photographs of other places on Facebook shows that people are still not understanding exactly what stay at home and stay local actually means. Until that message gets through our cases rate will be high and so will the death rate.

Yep, you can blame the government as much as you want, they’ve handled it terrible but people need to take responsibility themselves as well
It's a misleading headline but the problem the govt created by allowing people to "kill your granny over christmas dinner" didn't help.

People would’ve done that anyway but yes, it shouldn’t have been encouraged

Of course Morgan's going to go for the 'gotcha' option rather than adding any context or nuance to it.

That's all he does. The nation's moral guardian who fucked off on his holidays over christmas.

Exactly. The perfect answer to an insane question.
The question is not that insane as like it or not we have a democratically elected government. I don't like the current government at all but the general public and media have to take as much blame as them.
They have done alot of things that maybe deserve criticism but things like furlough and the vaccinations deserve praise.

The Tories were happy to show us all their pie charts back in April, comparing us favourably to other developed nations.
Whatever your political views, these recent death figures are a f***ing disgrace and a tragedy for so many families up and down the country.
And the beginning of trust breaking down was instigated by the Prime Ministers right hand man on his carefree jaunt to Durham and Barney.
We are an island nation and the fifth richest country in the world.
The death numbers are a disgrace.
Next slide please.

Agreed but the same can be said for some or the public.
Imo people initially started to take the piss and look for loopholes after the cummings carry on and the shameful way it was handled. Not helped by others in government and the media not exactly being whiter than white. I can honestly understand folk who thought if they're not complying then why should we.

Agreed but the same can be said for some or the public.
Imo people initially started to take the piss and look for loopholes after the cummings carry on and the shameful way it was handled. Not helped by others in government and the media not exactly being whiter than white. I can honestly understand folk who thought if they're not complying then why should we.

yeah it became such a national conversation that its inevitable that it seeped into people's consciousness and those who were already unsure of isolating and needing convincing of its merits had the green light to sack it all off and do whatever they wanted

yeah it became such a national conversation that its inevitable that it seeped into people's consciousness and those who were already unsure of isolating and needing convincing of its merits had the green light to sack it all off and do whatever they wanted

I just think that argument is a cop out.. an easy lazy argument get out of jail free card.

Been loads of fuck ups but a proportion of the general public have been arseholes all the way through this.
Everyone has to have some self responsibility.

Most of us won't have been whiter than while and will have bent them a little along the way but some have been blatently flouting guidelines... I know some and I dare say we all do

Of course Morgan's going to go for the 'gotcha' option rather than adding any context or nuance to it.

That's all he does. The nation's moral guardian who fucked off on his holidays over christmas.

Aye, watched him this morning and that interview and as usual he's just infuriatingly loud and shouty and not letting the guest answer any questions regardless. If I was one of his guests I'd just say 'crack on Piers, I'm going to reply to a few emails whilst you rant away because you won't let me say anything anyway'.

It's easy targeting this week, they weren't so shouty a few weeks back when we were 9th or 10th, and they won't be so shouty in a few weeks when we're 9th or 10th again. This virus is riding in waves globally, Germany were 1000+ deaths a day the other week for a short while for instance. Mistakes have been made, mistakes will continue to be made and there will be a day of reckoning.

Back