High Street Banks

Went into a bank for the first time in years today.
Spoke to one person as I went in, who went to get another person, who stood with me in a queue to see a third person and person two stayed with me until person three had dealt with me.
Sure they'll have done in depth studies on this but it didn't seem very efficient.
Upshot is that I had £54 in an account I'd forgotten about.:)

Went into a bank for the first time in years today.
Spoke to one person as I went in, who went to get another person, who stood with me in a queue to see a third person and person two stayed with me until person three had dealt with me.
Sure they'll have done in depth studies on this but it didn't seem very efficient.
Upshot is that I had £54 in an account I'd forgotten about.:)
Sounds like the Halifax....3 on reception and 1 on the counter

As if they need you to move online in order to justify shutting a branch down, man. :D

That's the excuse they gave when they shut a branch Lloyds down near me. "We only have an average of 13 customers a day as more and more people choose to do their banking online. Keeping it open is no longer viable" was what they said.

How did this happen though. Pull the other one pal.
So he went into a bank for no reason as he forgot about this £54? Or was a letter sent out? I doubt it.
If it was how did this not trigger the memory?
The op is a fantasist like a lot of writers.

Went into Barclays in the town with me lass because she was trying to make a payment. Machine wasn't working so we asked the lass for help. When the lass who worked there realised my lass was trying to pay a solicitor for final handover fees on a house etc, instead of helping us just make the payment she spent 15 minutes waffling on trying to sell her house insurance. When she said finally stopped for breath and my lass told her she wasn't interested, she just said okay no problem and walked off to 'help' somebody else, completely forgetting to address why we asked for her in the first place.

Barclays can fuck off.

Went into Barclays in the town with me lass because she was trying to make a payment. Machine wasn't working so we asked the lass for help. When the lass who worked there realised my lass was trying to pay a solicitor for final handover fees on a house etc, instead of helping us just make the payment she spent 15 minutes waffling on trying to sell her house insurance. When she said finally stopped for breath and my lass told her she wasn't interested, she just said okay no problem and walked off to 'help' somebody else, completely forgetting to address why we asked for her in the first place.

Barclays can fuck off.
It was Barclays in Fawcett Street I was in. To be fair, they were helpful and didn't try and sell me anything, just seemed an over elaborate process.

It was Barclays in Fawcett Street I was in. To be fair, they were helpful and didn't try and sell me anything, just seemed an over elaborate process.
I had similar in there, waited for one lad who didn't have a clue, took me to another, she said I needed to see another person who was on dinner, then said I needed an appointment anyway which would be another two weeks away if I wanted a Saturday. Load of shite.

They opened a "fully automated" branch of Barclays in Livingston when I lived in the Central Belt
It needed 2 staff to show people how to operate the machines
It was quite a painful process

They opened a "fully automated" branch of Barclays in Livingston when I lived in the Central Belt
It needed 2 staff to show people how to operate the machines
It was quite a painful process
That seems like the automated kiosks at the airport. Always malfunctioning and needing staff to manually assist.

When I lived in Houston it was amazing how many banks there were. Ridiculous. Some massive chains like Wells Fargo, others little Mickey Mouse local branches. There’s no way they can all be viable. I’m sure some of them are just fronts for money laundering, there’s not that much need for branches on every corner when so much day to day banking is done online or via the ATM.

Back