High fat, low carb diet

Keto? It’s not sustainable at all like imo.

It is like, you’re just doing it wrong.

I'm consuming some carbs through root vegetables (carrots, parsnips), but haven't touched anything startchy, have you tried it? If so how long did you last and what went wrong?

Why you eating carrots and parsnips for on Keto? They’re brimmed full of Carbs mate. You want to be eating Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus etc instead for Veg.

Last edited:

It is like, you’re just doing it wrong.

Why you eating carrots and parsnips for on Keto? They’re brimmed full of Carbs mate. You want to be eating Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus etc instead for Veg.

OP never said keto tbf.

I’ve done both, plus a carnivore diet and ended up in ketosis from all of them.

Yeah, that'll happen with low carbs. But my point is, the OP never mentioned keto, so shouldn't really be overly concerned about a small amount of carbohydrates as he isn't trying to maintain a state of ketosis, rather just to eat low carbs.

I'm doing both depending on the food in question, I don't mind having a small amount of carbs, have a feeling it's the bread and pasta that my body doesn't like.

Great news for you mate.

I've only lost a few pounds but I'm around 11 stone anyway so I don't want to lose much weight. I'm trying this because I read the fats can have benefits for mental function and that has been the case for me.

Aye mate, I watched that magic pill on Netflix, I'm also reading the ketogenic bible which has study's in.

So far so good for me but obviously still beek in that first 2 weeks I haven't quite got the full benefits yet but I remember last time I done it the benefits were huge, aswell as not been on tablets or the aches, I could think better and concentrate better, benefits I'm looking forward to again

Aye mate, I watched that magic pill on Netflix, I'm also reading the ketogenic bible which has study's in.

So far so good for me but obviously still beek in that first 2 weeks I haven't quite got the full benefits yet but I remember last time I done it the benefits were huge, aswell as not been on tablets or the aches, I could think better and concentrate better, benefits I'm looking forward to again

Fingers crossed you get better mate.

Decided to stick to this diet at the beginning of May and it is really working for me, was wondering if there are any other users of this diet?

Most of my meals are fatty meats and green vegetables with dairy fats added in.

The benefits I've found are:
• No brain fog, minutes after waking my brain is in good function and lasts all day.
• Clear thinking.
• Body clock wakes early (around 6AM) and very easy to get up.
• More energy.
• Instinctively make more positive decisions and seemingly more prone to seeing the good in any situation.
• Beard is growing in faster (not sure if that's a benefit).

I've tried a few different diets, mostly for health or vitality reasons but this seems to be the best one I've tried so far.

I'm low carb as a result of my diabetes. Find it much easier to manage - difficult to go high if you don't consume the carbs to get you there! Dropped my background insulin by c. 65% and now my diabetes control isn't far off a non-diabetic's.

The driver for me, as I've said on the weight loss thread, was changing my relationship with food - training myself to see it as a fuel - and valuing good glucose control more highly than enjoyment of bread (or other foods I enjoyed). It has been well worth it!

Back