High Blood Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely any Sunderland fan's blood pressure is going to be high this weekend?

Ask me later in the day - at the moment quite Zen about it and been up since 7 on a Sunday here in Singapore :lol:

seems like I suffer from White coat syndrome, after purchasing my blood pressure machine my lower reading has been hitting between 84-89 so happy days for me for now

seems like I suffer from White coat syndrome, after purchasing my blood pressure machine my lower reading has been hitting between 84-89 so happy days for me for now

same here mate, ive plotted mine every other day since i bought it and its never been above 134:72

It was way above that last time i was at the docs.

I was 125/90 at the Dr's the other night - controlled very well.

He is going to do a full battery of tests next time though in about 6 weeks so will need to fast overnight.

Had a phone call from the surgery got to go in at quarter to twelve and get mine checked again. :-(

Had a phone call from the surgery got to go in at quarter to twelve and get mine checked again. :-(

It might be the "White coat" syndrome - get a monitor for home and take it at a regular time.

Bevvy does not help - if I have been at it for a few days even taking the pills does nothing. My bender when i split up the the Ex was a classic and i ended up almost 200/125 - dr wanted me to go to hospital but i promised to lie on the settee for the weekend

It might be the "White coat" syndrome - get a monitor for home and take it at a regular time.

Bevvy does not help - if I have been at it for a few days even taking the pills does nothing. My bender when i split up the the Ex was a classic and i ended up almost 200/125 - dr wanted me to go to hospital but i promised to lie on the settee for the weekend

I've been supposed to make an appointment for weeks to get the results of me liver and kidney blood tests, they did them the last time I was down when they forced me to have one of those ECG things cos me chest was hurting and I had pains in me arms.
Our lass was going to phone the ambulance and I told her to fuck off, she phoned the surgery and I got an emergency appointment and the doctor told uz I'd have to go to hospital, I told him to fuck off anarl.
I knew there was nowt the matter just too much chilli and lager, we compromised and I got loads of tests in the medical room.
I'm still not f***ing deed so I was right. :evil:

This for me.

Get a monitor best £15 I have spent for piece of mind

In hospital now as I had a mini stroke on Monday morning due to high blood pressure, very scary and upsetting, I am.having to cut most of the things.I like out. I am only 36 and felt quite fit.

In hospital now as I had a mini stroke on Monday morning due to high blood pressure, very scary and upsetting, I am.having to cut most of the things.I like out. I am only 36 and felt quite fit.

Kinell good luck mate and wish you well

Sorry to hear that - hope everything is well.

Did you know you have HBP before this?

Mine yesterday was 148/96. Which was higher than 2 weeks ago. Dunno if the beer at dinnertime affected it. I am diabetes free which is good but me cholesterol is 5.6 so got telt off for that. I was told there is a 7% risk of having a stroke or heart attack in the next 10-20 years. So the nurse is now going to recommend me a health plan when I see her at the end of the month. Lost 4lbs in 2 weeks so that was canny too.

Mine was 140/82 last Friday, mind you they did send me for another blood glucose test yesterday as we have a family risk of diabetes. All part of the health plan they are working out. They hoyed me on the scales last Friday and i have now lost half a stone since my first visit. Have to see the nurse again on Monday. I'm sure they are incentivised to get fuckers like me onto the books so to speak.

Blimey mate. Get sorted soon eh.

Oof! A young 'un, hope you get sorted like

Good luck marra.

I've got high blood pressure had it since I was 19 :lol: doctors don't want to hoy me on tablets like. I'm lovely and warm all time though

I've got high blood pressure had it since I was 19 :lol: doctors don't want to hoy me on tablets like. I'm lovely and warm all time though

what else are they doing thugh to help you get it down?

If losng weight, changing diet and exercising do not work then medication is the olny other option/

prolonged high blood pressure can be very dangerous.

My wife has had it for years (in hindsight probably all her life) but has also been on medication to keep it down. She then had her meds changed by her insurance company and then about 6 months later she had a major stroke when a weak spot in one of her blood vessels burst.
She was lucky because upon reaching hospital they did a scan, spotted the bleeding, and one other weak spot, and within 2 days they placed two coils in her head.
She spent the past 2 years in rehab and now has to go back once a year for a new scan.

If you have high blood pressure make sure you get the correct meds and don't get fobbed off by your doctor (ours thought my wife was suffering from hayfever!!) because doctors at your local practice only know the basics and majority have no real experience with strokes or potential strokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back