High Blood Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiesdad

Midfield
was at the doc's this morning and ive got it, although not high enough to prescribe any medication as yet. Says i have to make some lifestyle changes like losing weight, exersise more, keep off the tabs and reduce the pint intake? Anybody managed to lower theirs via such crazy notions?

I reckon this is what caused my heart failure, I check mine twice a week now, Im on 3 different meds to keep it low

was at the doc's this morning and ive got it, although not high enough to prescribe any medication as yet. Says i have to make some lifestyle changes like losing weight, exersise more, keep off the tabs and reduce the pint intake? Anybody managed to lower theirs via such crazy notions?

A small incision on your wrist will help lower it mate...;)

Yes, it can be done. Hard to do, but high BP is a major problem in this country

Cut down on smoking / alcohol / salt / caffeine / high fat foods

Increase exercise, lose weight and eat healthy diet

Yes, it can be done. Hard to do, but high BP is a major problem in this country

Cut down on smoking / alcohol / salt / caffeine / high fat foods

Increase exercise, lose weight and eat healthy diet

so where does the 'fun' part come in?:roll:

get yourself one of those monitors and check it yourself at different times of the day. sometimes it goes up if your get stressed at the docs [white coat syndrome]
I find that a couple of glasses of red wine brings mine down significantly;)

Not dying of a heart attack in 5 years time :lol:

Its not easy like, i've got slightly high BP and had it for a while now. I've not done everything i suggested either

agreed!!

TBH i don't thyink my lifestyle is too bad these days. I packed in smaoking 18mths ago, i eat quite well (most of the time), i've started running 3-4 times a week, ive lost about a stone this year and am not too over weight (6ft1" - 14st 5lb). I guess i like a pint or three but only on a weekend. Not sure what else i can do other than become a hermit or something.

started medication for this messel 4/5 weeks ago and still some consultant visits to come.
Checking me own twice a day and the bugger gans up more after a night off the drink as cannit sleep:evil:

I got mine taken on 23rd Dec it was 170/110.

Change of diet, exercise (not much) and last week it was 133/82

I got mine taken on 23rd Dec it was 170/110.

Change of diet, exercise (not much) and last week it was 133/82

fuck me 110 is high for a diastolic - you'd end up bleeding out with a papercut? Mine was 85 and he tells me it needs sorting.

what did you change in your diet?

Cut down on salt is probably the best advice. Too much salt tricks your body into thinking your bp is low so bumps it up even more.

Currently writing my theisis on hypertension (high bp) and exercise, seems to be that exercise lowers it too, so get out walking or something.

Cut down on salt is probably the best advice. Too much salt tricks your body into thinking your bp is low so bumps it up even more.

Currently writing my theisis on hypertension (high bp) and exercise, seems to be that exercise lowers it too, so get out walking or something.

Just reading up and found this, I love tinned tomatoes too

Low-salt tactics include:

Use spices, not salt, to flavor foods.
Rinse canned foods, such as tuna and beans, to remove some sodium.
Buy fresh, plain frozen or no-salt-added canned vegetables. Regular canned tomatoes have 10 times more sodium than no-salt-added tomatoes.
Restrict cured meats (bacon, ham), foods in brine (pickles, olives) and condiments (MSG, soy sauce, mustard, ketchup).
Cook rice, pasta and cereals without salt.
Cut back on highly salted canned soup, frozen dinners and packaged mixes.

Mine was off the scale when I went to the docs with a sore throat that I couldn't shake . Turns out I only have one fully working kidney .

Forever in debt to the nurse who decided to check my blood pressure that day

Ask your Doctor about 75mg aspirins.

A small incision on your wrist will help lower it mate...;)

:lol::lol:

He's fucked when he's empty though Teed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back