High blood pressure

Its pretty much all been said - lifestyle is very important especially alcohol.

I dont understand the logic of not wanting to take drugs and being happy to put 50 units of alcohol a week in your system??!

Drugs that are proven to reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke - dont want them
Drug that increases risks of cancer as well as rises your BP - I'll have 50 units of that a week please 🤣🤣.

If you want another non drug solution try isometric hand grip exercises. Its a bit odd but can be as effective as a tablet in reducing your BP
When you put it like that it makes me look silly

I’ve been feeling lightheaded over the last week, nearly fainted three times. Just used my mother in law’s BP monitor - I’m 129/82. Any experts on here know whether that’s good / bad? I’m 31.

I’ve been feeling lightheaded over the last week, nearly fainted three times. Just used my mother in law’s BP monitor - I’m 129/82. Any experts on here know whether that’s good / bad? I’m 31.

That's very close to normal, which is 120/80. A little high but well within the normal range (particularly given that BP monitors can vary a little in accuracy).

That probably puts the M-I-L at mid 50s? Take at look at what your missus will likely look like in 25 years time.

Just turned 60 this year. In great nick tbfth.
That's very close to normal, which is 120/80. A little high but well within the normal range (particularly given that BP monitors can vary a little in accuracy).

I think the time has to come to cut down the gigs, drinking and late nights like. Lifestyle catching up.

Doctors tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely to be high blood pressure causing Fainting. (I know low blood pressure can cause this but with that reading unlikely)
Marra get yourself to Docs. Could be anything or nothing. Better be safe than sorry as they say

Unlikely to be high blood pressure causing Fainting. (I know low blood pressure can cause this but with that reading unlikely)
Marra get yourself to Docs. Could be anything or nothing. Better be safe than sorry as they say

That’s good

I would definitely class myself as stressed mind which I know is a contributing factor to high BP, and I almost definitely drink too much. Often out til the early hours during the week and again on weekends. Annoying that these near fainting episodes have coincided with a week off work supposedly to decompress and relax 😂

I was one of the lucky ones, I had symptoms of high blood pressure .
Some don't and simply have a heart attack and die.
The high risk age is 48 to 52 my doctor told me, for men.

I was at the GP ra couple of weeks ago for a unrelated matter. He took a blood pressure reading as they didn't have one on record for the last 5 years (that's because I hadn't been there in 5 years) and he was surprised how high it was. He got me to buy a BP monitor (they are only £20 or so) to get a reading twice a day then pop the results back to him which I will do in the next few days. It's not quite as high as it was in the surgery but it's been consistently in the "mild to moderate" range for hypertension

I'm already losing weight, trying to get more exercise and limiting booze to weekends but it looks like I could be on the way to pill-popping.

Took mine today for first time in about 3 years. 135/86 so at 35 not quite hypertensive but still higher than I would like. I exercise regularly and diet isn’t too bad but gonna knock the booze and takeaways on the head for the next few weeks see if that helps. I also need to cut out adding too much salt to my food as I think that could make a huge difference for me!

Back