Hiding price rises by cutting quantities

roker beach

Striker
I give you Kleenex.

100 tissues in a box a few years ago. Then they trimmed the size of the box, supposedly to help the environment. A little later they cut the contents to 80. Now there are 72 per box.

So, a 28% cut. Inflation is back up but things like this won’t be included or even noticed. It also explains why we keep running out.

Any others?

I give you Kleenex.

100 tissues in a box a few years ago. Then they trimmed the size of the box, supposedly to help the environment. A little later they cut the contents to 80. Now there are 72 per box.

So, a 28% cut. Inflation is back up but things like this won’t be included or even noticed. It also explains why we keep running out.

Any others?
Are you going to tell us how much a box of 72 is compared too 10? Or do we have to guess??

Chocolate bars and biscuits.

I think it will continue, all profiteering and the government will do absolutely nothing to prevent this.

Inflation shrinkage and all down to Brexit of course - yet companies profits do not appear to decrease. But remember lots of them state it's so they can pay there shareholders of which Joe Public are a large part of the reasons for this and also pensions funds etc. etc So load's of reasons why they do it according to them, but the only problem for me is that they also increase the prices due to inflation which has supposedly peaked but cannot see we will get any decreases in prices. Win Win for them lose lose for us.

I give you Kleenex.

Any others?
Loads ,beer can sizes,bottle sizes
Bottles of Coke ,used to be 2ltr bottles,now its 1.5 and 1.25 ltrs as well
4 Choc bar packs,seem a bargain but they're 60% of the size
Asda rollback the Vimto still from £1 to £1.50 :lol:

Back