Heysel Disaster 34 Years Ago Today

Is disaster not the wrong word? Disaster suggests no blame, like it was just something that happened that was horrible that can’t be helped.
It happened before I was born but my understanding was that it was Liverpool hooligans purposely attacking Juventus fans, then in their clamour to get their filthy skip raiding hands on the innocent Juventus fans they knocked over a wall which killed a lot of people. Surely massacre is a more fitting word?

Was in Paris at the time and was treat like shit by the locals because we were English.

Hated the French twats ever since.

Is disaster not the wrong word? Disaster suggests no blame, like it was just something that happened that was horrible that can’t be helped.
It happened before I was born but my understanding was that it was Liverpool hooligans purposely attacking Juventus fans, then in their clamour to get their filthy skip raiding hands on the innocent Juventus fans they knocked over a wall which killed a lot of people. Surely massacre is a more fitting word?
Everyone knows what happened. I was just reminding people of what day it was rather than getting into what went on. Maybe the mods can change the title to Heysel Stadium Tragedy.

Fuck off man...massacre. surely a wall shouldn't just fall down.

Be interesting to know what the coverage in Italy is like. It is shocking the lack of media coverage like, but we can all draw our own conclusions from that...

Whilst not in any way removing the blame from the Liverpool fans , surely the wall collapsed as the Juventus fans clambered over it . Stadium was in a shocking state and should never have been used for the final.
Incident now almost wiped from history as only Liverpool are allowed to be victims.

Back