Hexham the happiest place to live

Used to be a great night out Corbridge. 7 pubs then the bus to 'dontinos nite spot' to ruin your night.
Shite now, full of Ruperts in mustard cords with a sweater over their shoulders paying £9 for a glass of chardonnay.
We did a crawl on a Friday afternoon a few years ago. It was canny, the Angel was the worst as it was full of Ruperts. The Dyvels was the pick of the pubs.

When I was there, there were three middle schools. Fellside, Beaumont and St Joseph’s. I think they combined Fellside and Beaumont for the middle school. Me Mam says they are now being knocked down and a new middle school is being built at QEHS. That’s going to make it fun for the locals.

On a side note, my Mam moved to Hexham in 2019 after my Dad died. I helped her sort things out and popped out for a pint in the evening. I went to the Fox for the first time in 35 years. I’d been in there a few times, about 20, but this was the first legal pint I had in there. Back in the 80s the locals of the Fox were 6th formers from QEHS and the Police from the station next door.
Ha ha we drank in the Fox as well when we were at sixth form (1998).

I’d heard the same about the middle school moving to QEHS, as you say it’ll aggravate the residents in the posh end 😀
I have know Hexham for years and I know it to be a beautiful ancient market town. I wouldn't like to live there because I have never been able to come to terms with this;
Logon or register to see this image

To be fair to egger it provides well paid jobs to folk who might otherwise not find good work. Without it Hexham might be more like Consett (where I live now)

Last edited:
Nightmare on the a69 at Hexham at the minute.
The junction is just about sorted now but I hear they are thinking of doing the same thing with the A68-A69 Roundabout, they have got to put those traffic cones somewhere I suppose :rolleyes:
Hexham has good and bad, it has a great Butchers, a Waitrose, Tesco, Aldi or Lidl, some nice cafes, it has decent free parking, one or two decent shops but like most small towns lots of shops closed or turned into Charity stores, the pubs aren't great and that Weatherspoons stunk of toilets when I was last in a couple of years ago.

The junction is just about sorted now but I hear they are thinking of doing the same thing with the A68-A69 Roundabout, they have got to put those traffic cones somewhere I suppose :rolleyes:
Hexham has good and bad, it has a great Butchers, a Waitrose, Tesco, Aldi or Lidl, some nice cafes, it has decent free parking, one or two decent shops but like most small towns lots of shops closed or turned into Charity stores, the pubs aren't great and that Weatherspoons stunk of toilets when I was last in a couple of years ago.
What do they call that company who makes the expensive pop? It's very nice and it is even sold in posh country stores in Kent where I now live.

Weird as it’s a run down shit hole with nowhere to eat or drink
I will try to curb my enthusiasm here,

but off the top of my head, couple of indian restaurants, chinese, Italian and french,
the County hotel does great food.

Michelin starred restaurant [hjem] 5 minutes up the road
abbey- historic market place- queens hall art centre- two golf courses- riverside walks.
good road and rail links.
waitrose- tesco - M and s- aldi ,co-op

Travel lodge being built alongside new lidl and macdonalds
apart from that it is a bit of a run down shit hole.
Or did you mean Vienna [never been there];)

Back