Hexham the happiest place to live

Last edited:
i love Hexham and always thought the houses there would be expensive. So to live there, you probably need a few bob. Which may be another reason why they're happy.

Edit: I note a couple or three 'Hexham is crap/shite/a dive comments.' Well, there's opinion, which is fine, then there is talking utter bollocks, which should be challenged. I suppose it's all relative. But compared to say... Stanley, Hexham isn't shite.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is. I don't think they ask the kids brought up in them who are bored shitless because there is nothing to do.
I'd love to live in Hexam myself. But I say that as someone who these days prefers proper pubs with a fire and country walks. Doubt I'd have swapped my 20s or 30s to be there.

I'd love to live in Hexam myself. But I say that as someone who these days prefers proper pubs with a fire and country walks. Doubt I'd have swapped my 20s or 30s to be there.
The bairn knows quite a few younguns in that age range (they are all into mental bang bang bang music) and they are all mad as there was nothing to do once they hit teenage years.

I probably could live there but I like being in walking distance of gigs and bars etc. I know I'm fortunate to live where I am and it isn't everybody's cup of tea either.

Back