Heworth Roundabout

Coming home has been bad for the last week or so. Tried going round past International Paints tonight and it shaved 10 minutes off or so.

Used it loads recently no problems at all. Glad to see the people of the northeast have finally twigged that using both lanes and merging in turn actually works, unlike when the whitemare pool works were done some years ago and you always got some tit blocking the right hand lane.
When the works were on a month or 2 back further up the road i had a right barney with some cow who couldnt understand the merge in turn signs - speeding up to try and block me from getting in the left lane. Looked like her head was going to blow up when i blew her a kiss as i pulled off to the whitemare pool roundabout

Used it loads recently no problems at all. Glad to see the people of the northeast have finally twigged that using both lanes and merging in turn actually works, unlike when the whitemare pool works were done some years ago and you always got some tit blocking the right hand lane.

Some tit decided he didn't want to let me merge tonight so was blaring his horn when I was moving in.
Two minutes later, Ambulance trying to get through so most people trying to move and let it through...except this tosser who decided he should be allowed to go on because he had queued.

some cow who couldnt understand the merge in turn signs
This could have its own thread, but merge in turn seems a concept a lot people do not grasp. Perhaps they need to teach it on the driving test, but I’m forever having problems at new college durham where people seem to misunderstand that this makes things quicker...

This could have its own thread, but merge in turn seems a concept a lot people do not grasp. Perhaps they need to teach it on the driving test, but I’m forever having problems at new college durham where people seem to misunderstand that this makes things quicker...

You could teach it but it’s people’s idiotic, fragile egos that cause the problem. “How dare someone think they can overtake the queue and then just get let in at the end.”

Despite that being the rule that is quite clearly signposted all the way along and despite there being signs saying “use both lanes”.

It’s the same as people who sit in the outside lane deliberately refusing to let cars past who want to overtake.

Whilst it’s good to see the majority now appear to understand merge in turn, to the extent that it’s not a criminal activity to use the right hand lane, there still a fair few don’t seem to grasp that you “merge in turn” as the lanes reduce in size.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve crawled along behind someone indicating in left 600yards out from the merge

What pisses me off is when I merge about 20yds from the very front and the twat behind goes past me and forces their way in right on the cones. Nearly always a merc BMW audi

I've noticed that there have been quite a few attempts to avoid Heworth roundabout by going down Kirkwood gardens and cutting across between the boulders across to green lane and into Pelaw, or vice versa. All the tyre tracks in the mud. Council or someone else has blocked those small gaps with conc. blocks. I imagine they didn't know it still doesn't get you past Heworth. If someone in a 4x4 was to drive towards the heworth r/b from Pelaw, and take a right at the Maiden over pub, down the road a few hundred yards is a streach of rough grass that you could drive across. About a hundred yards, then you are straight down to the paints factory from there. Not been down there for a couple of weeks mind, but worth a try for some desparado. I know just the poster on here to try that, but will not name him.

I've noticed that there have been quite a few attempts to avoid Heworth roundabout by going down Kirkwood gardens and cutting across between the boulders across to green lane and into Pelaw, or vice versa. All the tyre tracks in the mud. Council or someone else has blocked those small gaps with conc. blocks. I imagine they didn't know it still doesn't get you past Heworth. If someone in a 4x4 was to drive towards the heworth r/b from Pelaw, and take a right at the Maiden over pub, down the road a few hundred yards is a streach of rough grass that you could drive across. About a hundred yards, then you are straight down to the paints factory from there. Not been down there for a couple of weeks mind, but worth a try for some desparado. I know just the poster on here to try that, but will not name him.
Gotta be Herbal :lol:

Went through on Monday at 6pm, some prick in a works van saw me overtaking everyone because they wanted to merge about 800 yards prematurely. Just swung his van out into the middle of the road, had to slam the brakes on. Don't get it like, merge in turn, use both lanes. I'm all for a good orderly queue like but it's just daft.

Monday lunchtime I was the only car to use the right hand lane and merge, the others just queued in the left. Some people still don't want to let you merge safely though.

the concrete blocks at pelaw metro went in a week or two ago - beggars belief that someone would drive across there? couldnt quite understand what you would achieve by that other than avoiding mill lane?

i've not been down the cyclepath behind the maiden over in recent times though, are people driving across that too?

the concrete blocks at pelaw metro went in a week or two ago - beggars belief that someone would drive across there? couldnt quite understand what you would achieve by that other than avoiding mill lane?

i've not been down the cyclepath behind the maiden over in recent times though, are people driving across that too?

Don't know mate. But its the only way left to get through afaik. If you're ( not you) desperate. Not been down there myself for a while.

Back